• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Emilia de Poret... On Fire!

Started by Tiiger, November 27, 2007, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unexpected

the song is non-mover at #6 this week on sweden , Very good

clabbelito

The verse of this song has a very dated, 2006-sounding production which rips of Timbaland's hits with Nelly Furtado. Plus the chorus is extremely bland too.

Emielia had an extremely annoying attitude in her blog at finest.se. It was all about her meetings with music industry bigwigs in the U.S.

Nothing materialized for her in the U.S., did it?

I can't really see an unknown thirty-something artist breaking worldwide playing the young-and-sexy card.

*Sabine*

Yes, the verse has some rips of Timbaland, like Nelly's Say it right... I really really like this rhtym and IMO, the chorus is not bland at all! Wonderful song :D

Feelgoodlies

OMG I would be a huge fan for Timbaland if he ever did something like that lol, oh yes kinda him but not a rip!, the song is just WWWWOOOOWWW.

I don't know whether this has already been posted but I just found them:

Emilia in the studio with I think Savan on her left, but don't know the other one.

Rebecca

nice photo, the guy I recognise is Arnthor, on her left. I don't know who the other guy is.

Alex Martin

Rebecca

Thanks Alex, Savan looks much skinnier than I imagined.

*Sabine*

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Rebecca on August 22, 2008, 01:27:16 PM
nice photo, the guy I recognise is Arnthor, on her left. I don't know who the other guy is.
Oh yes sorry Rebecca, I meant Arnthor lol.

Tiiger

The other guy is Achraf Janussi, who co-wrote "I Can" and "Pick Me Up". He also worked with Emilia from the very start, he co-wrote the brilliant single "Mistreat Me (You'll Be Sorry)".

Btw, Emilia's back in Australia now to do promotion for the single. They are trying to get it to the radios and stuff. Hopefully the radio will love it!
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Unexpected

Rebecca

Quote from: Tiiger on August 22, 2008, 04:39:55 PM
The other guy is Achraf Janussi, who co-wrote "I Can" and "Pick Me Up". He also worked with Emilia from the very start, he co-wrote the brilliant single "Mistreat Me (You'll Be Sorry)".

Btw, Emilia's back in Australia now to do promotion for the single. They are trying to get it to the radios and stuff. Hopefully the radio will love it!

Thank you Tiiger, you've explained why Savan doesn't look like Savan, because it isn't!

Yeah, I think Emilia's also in Australia to perform in a dance festival. I hope her promotion goes well!

*Sabine*

Quote from: Unexpected on August 22, 2008, 07:25:37 PM
Pick me up is out of the TOP10 in Sweden

I'm a bit diappointed by this. I think the song is going down too fast in Sweden, lack of promotion? It's not normal I think, very good song and Swedish people like this style.

Tiiger

I think there could be delays with the physical single, because I ordered it a week ago from CDON and they only sent it yesterday... so hopefully it'll climb higher again next week!

Rebecca, are there any popular Australian radio channels where we can request the song (by email)?  :)
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Rebecca

Good idea Tiiger, yes, here are a couple of Sydney radio channels that play Top 40/pop music:

1. Nova 969 - http://www.nova969.com.au/site/home.aspx
Then go to New Music, then Request a Song

It asked for your suburb, you can say just say Sydney, or maybe the suburb you live in in Sweden!

Nova actually read your emails too, years ago I requested Kelly's "Behind These Hazel Eyes" and the dj replied to me saying that was her favourite song off the album!

2. 2dayfm - http://www.2dayfm.com.au/
I can't see an actual Request form, but there is a place to contact

Go to "Shows", the popular shows are "Kyle and Jackie O", or "Hamish and Andy" or "Hot 30" and there is a "Contact Us" to click and you can write a message.

I have now requested the song!