• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Presonus contest

Started by andrea, May 14, 2014, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrea

Hi everybody,

I'm taking part in a Presonus contest. They gave the instrumental, and the writers had to write lyrics and melody

This is my version (vocals are by a very good singer, Monty Wells)
... and if you like it, give your "like", thanks :)

https://soundcloud.com/apsongs/shes-so-beautiful?in=presonus/sets/getyourhooksin-contest

Axel

hi Andrea

this is really cool, there are only very very few good entries in there... in fact the majority is horrible IMO...  I would have loved to participate in this. I guess the deadline is already over?

I have a few questions. How do you do this usually? Do you have a friend who's the vocalist and who then helps you out for free? Or do you pay them something? Do you write the melody and the lyrics?

andrea

Hi Axel,

yes the deadline is over!
I write melody/lyrics, and in this case I paid Monty for the vocals :)

Axel

may I ask how much you paid?

and did he record it in his studio and sent you the files? and how did you instruct him? did you send him an instrumental or did you sing it yourself and then asked him to record it like that?

melodicmoonlight

so many/most of these entries are just awful. really bad