• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Rami/Savan Interview

Started by gm33, July 20, 2020, 11:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Hello,

Savan and Rami will be having an interview on a new app. Savan advertised it on his Instagram. chalkapp.com/songwriting. It's Tuesday at 2 p.m. PT.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

nanofives

Can anyone please record the interview? The app it's not available for Android users.

david

Quote from: gm33 on July 20, 2020, 11:55:50 PM
Hello,

Savan and Rami will be having an interview on a new app. Savan advertised it on his Instagram. chalkapp.com/songwriting. It's Tuesday at 2 p.m. PT.

someone recorded the interview?

turnaround

Only with iOS yes - annoying. Anyone can help? 
And I liked it..

*Sabine*

I have a friend who took notes during the interview. I think he did a really nice work, detailed and precise. It is about 6 pages for a one hour and a half talk. I will not post it here as Savan made it clear he didn't want people to record it or even screenshot the conversations in the app. I will be very pleased to send it to whoever wants it via PM. BTW, if you are not there yet, I would be happy to see you guys on the Instagram page I created, @maxmartinmusic fan page.

nanofives

Thanks for sharing the experience, it's kinda sad that not everyone is able to enjoy the experience :/

j.fco.morales

Quote from: *Sabine* on August 04, 2020, 02:19:19 PM
I have a friend who took notes during the interview. I think he did a really nice work, detailed and precise. It is about 6 pages for a one hour and a half talk. I will not post it here as Savan made it clear he didn't want people to record it or even screenshot the conversations in the app. I will be very pleased to send it to whoever wants it via PM. BTW, if you are not there yet, I would be happy to see you guys on the Instagram page I created, @maxmartinmusic fan page.

Did he really said that? Why someone would do an interview but expecting no one talks about that?
I would love to read these notes, mainly because he said that.

I read chalk app is like reddit.

*Sabine*

Yes, he insisted a few times that he would be bothered if people recorded the conversation and spread it online. Ther was even a screenshot detector activated in the app. We were only around 80 people connected at a time, crazy to be so few interacting with those legends! Anyways, to whoever wants it, and also you J.Fco, DM me your emails. 

turnaround

Great! Finally we know - they did not have an argument probably. Rami was just tired.

Quote"Max and I worked together from '97. For about seven years. Then I took five years off as I was really tired. I know, it's a long pause. We were so close, but after seven years we became like an old couple. I was supposed to take one year off, but it became five.

Quote"Max's studio is an old house. It's Frank Sinatra's old house actually. If only you could see it, it's beautiful. There are handmade carpets, beautiful sofas, a library, a fireplace, a deer head, a bar... It feels like you're stepping into Frank Sinatra's art deco home.

Interesting also what he says about the split. 5 % for addding hi-hats?
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

bugmenot

Shellback is off for 8th year... 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021... I'm waiting for them with Martin to write ten albums a year again.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on April 06, 2021, 10:00:27 PM
Shellback is off for 8th year... 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021... I'm waiting for them with Martin to write ten albums a year again.

But he worked on Taylor Swift's 1989 record in 2014, he had Adele and Carly Rae Jepsen in 2015, Can't Stop The Feeling in 2016, Bon Appetit in 2017, Taylor's Reputation in 2017, Ed Sheeran and that Jonas Brothers song in 2019, Diamonds with Sam Smith last year.

I wish I had at least one of his worst years...

nanofives

No one related to Max releases songs regularly, none of the Wolf Cousins get cuts every year, some of them take a long time to release anything, and it's been like that throughout the late 2010s

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on April 07, 2021, 04:56:58 PM
No one related to Max releases songs regularly, none of the Wolf Cousins get cuts every year, some of them take a long time to release anything, and it's been like that throughout the late 2010s

Come on! Are you guys fans?

Mattman and Robin: YDE, Zara Larsson
Oscar Holter: The Weeknd, the biggest song of the year?
Oscar Gorres: Troye Sivan, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith
Johan Carlsson: his work with Katy Perry's Smile
Ali Payami: Foster The People, Monsta X
Rickard Göransson: Jeremy Zucker, Joji
Tove Lo: featured on a Martin Garrix song, other with Sean Paul produced by Banx & Ranx, the re-release of her album with new songs...

All of this in the midst of a pandemic... which makes it really hard to work.

A good thing about the interview is that Rami and Max stopped working together because Rami needed some time off. Not a fight as we thought.

nanofives

Quote from: j.fco.morales on April 07, 2021, 07:36:38 PM
Come on! Are you guys fans?

Mattman and Robin: YDE, Zara Larsson
Oscar Holter: The Weeknd, the biggest song of the year?
Oscar Gorres: Troye Sivan, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith
Johan Carlsson: his work with Katy Perry's Smile
Ali Payami: Foster The People, Monsta X
Rickard Göransson: Jeremy Zucker, Joji
Tove Lo: featured on a Martin Garrix song, other with Sean Paul produced by Banx & Ranx, the re-release of her album with new songs...

All of this in the midst of a pandemic... which makes it really hard to work.

A good thing about the interview is that Rami and Max stopped working together because Rami needed some time off. Not a fight as we thought.

None of them wrote 10 albums a year like Max did until a few years ago, I mean, most of them will get cuts anyway each year (Ali didn't have a single cut in 2018 and Rickard either in 2019 for example) but they won't release songs as often as... let's say... Justin Tranter