• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Stock/Aitken/Waterman vs. Max Martin/Dr.Luke

Started by davpet, May 05, 2008, 10:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davpet

Hey Guys,

Just out of interest.

I did a cover of "Never Gonna Give You Up" (Rick Astley) using a similar production to "Since U Been Gone" (Kelly Clarkson).

http://www.myspace.com/sheenonline

Tell me what you think ?

Dave

Tiiger

It sounds a bit like 'You Came' by Kim Wilde.  ;D

It's nice, is it you who sings?
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

davpet

Quote from: Tiiger on May 05, 2008, 11:36:52 PM

It's nice, is it you who sings?

No, I just produced it. I work with a vocalist who has an amazing voice.

Rebecca

wow, well done, I really like it!

yes, that guy has a really good voice.

Alex Martin

Yes,It's YOU CAME by Kim Wilde ;D

BTW I love the SAW productions!!!!

They were one of the best producers who ever lived!!!!

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Alex Martin on May 06, 2008, 10:15:07 PM
Yes,It's YOU CAME by Kim Wilde ;D

BTW I love the SAW productions!!!!

They were one of the best producers who ever lived!!!!
Yes it is pretty much like Kim Wilde's You Came....

actually I liked what you did,although you need to work a bit harder in order to have a similar productions such as Max.

way to go.

davpet

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on May 10, 2008, 11:53:05 AM

actually I liked what you did,although you need to work a bit harder in order to have a similar productions such as Max.

way to go.

Sorry let me clarify. I executive produced this track.

I initially e-mailed Maratone to see what Max's rates were. They sent me a reply saying that Max only works with artists he likes (basically saying if he's never heard of you or you're not signed to a major label you can forget about it). Which is fair enough for a producer of his stature. Also, it would have been far too expensive and looking at his discography he has never recorded a cover version.

So i hired a local producer and told him what i wanted. It cost me less than $500.

THANK GOD, i never spent more money on it. I knew "Never Gonna Give You Up" hit-cycle was returning (that song is just too good and the perfect pop song in my opinion) and it would be massive again. I had no idea it would come back in the form of that stupid Rick-Rolling phenomenon (30 million Youtube views and counting).

I've had songs playlisted before - but no music station compiler wanted to touch this song with a ten-foot barge pole.

Rebecca

Why wouldn't a music station want to touch your song?

do you think it's because of the Rick-rolling thing?

davpet

Quote from: Rebecca on May 15, 2008, 11:54:23 PM
Why wouldn't a music station want to touch your song?

do you think it's because of the Rick-rolling thing?

No, to be honest no-one where i live, in South Africa, is really familiar with Rick-rolling.

Music compilers aren't visionaries or gamblers, playlisting a Rick Astley cover would just be too risky.

Unless you're well known they'll only playlist light inoffensive ballads (with no hit potential) to meet local artist airplay quotas.

Rebecca

Oh right, yes, probably true, a Rick Astley cover by an unknown would be too risky.

secski

Aw gone! shame.

Love the song on there though, if you could only see by tonic.

haha another contender would be steve mac & co. of westlife fame

i only liked a few of SAW's songs (they were great, i have their biography), but cheiron/maratone is sweeter for me.