• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

J Lo demo "Ain't No Stoppin'"

Started by georg_e, June 06, 2014, 03:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Saw this all over Twitter this morning......it's a demo with very good sound quality.....http://www.beyondbeautifuljlo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=47419

J_A24

georg_e

Quote from: J_A24 on June 06, 2014, 06:00:17 PM
The lyrics are god awful.
I really like the line about "the Castle Hill train".....that one stands out......

j.fco.morales

The melody and the lyrics are sh*t. Production wise is good, almost average.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 06, 2014, 07:16:12 PM
The melody and the lyrics are sh*t. Production wise is good, almost average.
Wow, you guys are..........I don't know........seems like if someone gets to the step of even MAKING a demo for JLo maybe there's something you can learn from it?

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on June 06, 2014, 07:41:18 PM
    Wow, you guys are..........I don't know........seems like if someone gets to the step of even MAKING a demo for JLo maybe there's something you can learn from it?

I learned what not to do when listening to that. Production is demo-ish, I'm fine with that, it's normal. But the song itself is bad.

georg_e

Quote from: J_A24 on June 06, 2014, 09:13:59 PM
I learned what not to do when listening to that. Production is demo-ish, I'm fine with that, it's normal. But the song itself is bad.
OK...since it is a demo.......I'd be interested in hearing a link to anything by you guys in this thread that you consider as good or better than this. Both melody/lyric and production wise.     *DISCLAIMER*   I don't have anything of my own that I would put in that category, lolllll!!!!

georg_e

^      ^     ^

....and if y'all have something that shows better (or as good) vocal background harmonies/writing than this demo, please include that too!!

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on June 06, 2014, 10:40:48 PM
                                    ^      ^     ^

....and if y'all have something that shows better (or as good) vocal background harmonies/writing than this demo, please include that too!!

What would that prove? What is your point?

You really find "Ain't no stopping, I stay poppin" good?

georg_e

Quote from: J_A24 on June 06, 2014, 10:54:22 PM
What would that prove? What is your point?

You really find "Ain't no stopping, I stay poppin" good?
My point is this.....it's rare to hear stuff from the "Real World" of pro songwriting like this. Something that maybe isnpt the greatest song in the world, but you can bet they THOUGHT it was, or they wouldn't have bothered to get it to this stage. Luke/Cirkut prob have HUNDREDS of tracks like this that didn't make a final record for whatever  reason. But even their tracks like this have stuff for us to learn from. (If you want to, that is ;-)  I listened to this like 10 times today......the chord progression is good, vocal harmonies are outstanding, and if you don't like the melody/lyrics, well that's your taste of course.

So my point in the challenge is.......please illustrate what you think is a better melody/lyrics using work of your own. Because whether you like it or not, SOMEBODY in the music business found this good enough to make it even to this stage. And THIS stage is better than 90% of what non-professional songwriters/producers can do. So maybe instead of saying it's "shit", (speaking of reactions in this thread in general) you could maybe check it out and see what they're doing right to even get to this stage.......   not everything is ''Roar'!!!

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on June 06, 2014, 11:12:16 PM
     My point is this.....it's rare to hear stuff from the "Real World" of pro songwriting like this. Something that maybe isnpt the greatest song in the world, but you can bet they THOUGHT it was, or they wouldn't have bothered to get it to this stage. Luke/Cirkut prob have HUNDREDS of tracks like this that didn't make a final record for whatever  reason. But even their tracks like this have stuff for us to learn from. (If you want to, that is ;-)  I listened to this like 10 times today......the chord progression is good, vocal harmonies are outstanding, and if you don't like the melody/lyrics, well that's your taste of course.

So my point in the challenge is.......please illustrate what you think is a better melody/lyrics using work of your own. Because whether you like it or not, SOMEBODY in the music business found this good enough to make it even to this stage. And THIS stage is better than 90% of what non-professional songwriters/producers can do. So maybe instead of saying it's "shit", (speaking of reactions in this thread in general) you could maybe check it out and see what they're doing right to even get to this stage.......   not everything is ''Roar'!!!

What you don't understand is that this is your opinion and not a fact. In the music industry, some songs and artists make it not even because they're that good, but just because someone wants to be on someone else's good side. Am I implying that this is what happened with this song? Absolutely not, but it's not because it's a demo for J.Lo that I will change my opinion on a demo that I don't really like. Pitching songs to Major Label artists doesn't make you a better artist than someone who's not doing so. Doing that is one of the many things that you can do in the business and not everyone strives on doing that. It's not the ultimate goal for everyone.

And it's great that you're willing to learn from this demo, but in my personal experience, I can't learn from something that I don't really like. So the day that I even try prove that a song is bad by upping one of my own is the day that I will need to have a reality check. Not because I have something called taste.

So what are you so unsettled about? Because we don't like something that you like?

georg_e

*Quote*

[ "Pitching songs to Major Label artists doesn't make you a better artist than someone who's not doing so. Doing that is one of the many things that you can do in the business and not everyone strives on doing that. It's not the ultimate goal for everyone".]

In that case, you're definitely on the right track!!

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on June 06, 2014, 11:40:37 PM
       *Quote*

[ "Pitching songs to Major Label artists doesn't make you a better artist than someone who's not doing so. Doing that is one of the many things that you can do in the business and not everyone strives on doing that. It's not the ultimate goal for everyone".]

In that case, you're definitely on the right track!!

Who said there was a "right" track? ;)