• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Selena Gomez - current album "Rare" (including Rami)

Started by turnaround, September 04, 2015, 10:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I think we are flodded by female artists with a very similar sound.

Tinashe, Selena, Demi, Ellie

These songs are not bad, but somehow don't get me.
And I liked it..

ShockdioN

This has to be the first Selena Gomez track I've ever liked :-)

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: ShockdioN on October 04, 2015, 07:47:00 PM
This has to be the first Selena Gomez track I've ever liked :-)
Then you clearly haven't  heard "Slow Down" or "See The Day". Two really good pop songs I love from her!

Unfortunately, I am not liking this Max sound lately. He just doesn't jaw-drop anymore.

j.fco.morales

The album leaked.

I didn't like the Max Martin cowritten that much.

Dr. Fleischman

I couldn't help myself and listened to the album.

Hands To Myself - Jesus, the production is amazing. Those 'Mattman & Robin' guys are something else.

georg_e

Haven't heard it yet, but these lyrics are fantastic!
http://selgomez-news.com/   (Scroll down for "Hands to Myself" lyrics)

"You're metaphorical gin and juice"
"All the downs and the uppers
  are making love to each other" :D

melodicmoonlight

we know she's not the greatest singer, but i really dig the "closeness" she sings to the mic. highly compressed. it works for her cuz she doesn't have to do much vocally.

the title track is really good too. i like the vibrato she does once in a while. more subtle vocal stuff.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 08, 2015, 09:31:08 PM
we know she's not the greatest singer, but i really dig the "closeness" she sings to the mic. highly compressed. it works for her cuz she doesn't have to do much vocally.

the title track is really good too. i like the vibrato she does once in a while. more subtle vocal stuff.

I thought the same thing when I first listened: she sounds good, better than any of her records.
I heard some melismas and I was impressed. I think she sounds better because she's involved and knows her capabilities.

turnaround

Added "Hands to myself" to the "Cheiron Brand New" Spotify playlist. It think it's really boring.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on October 09, 2015, 03:23:39 PM
Added "Hands to myself" to the "Cheiron Brand New" Spotify playlist. It think it's really boring.
Loved reading the lyrics yesterday, just listened now, and agree with you Turnaround. The vocal delivery and sound in general is interesting and different, but the actual melodies?  Dull, to me.

B Steady

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on October 08, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
Hands To Myself - Jesus, the production is amazing. Those 'Mattman & Robin' guys are something else.

!!! brilliant stuff and the song itself is amazing too!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Selena is featured on a Charlie Puth record co written by J Kash -which is always a good thing, such a great topliner!-.
I don't like the production -handled by Puth himself- but the topline is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Z_bIqIWpg

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Adamoadam

I was hoping Max's contribution to the album would have been better. Due to her paper thin vocals, Selena needs the Britney vocal treatment, ie lots of background vocalists mixed in. Take the songs on Femme Fatale as an example. At most Britney's solo voice is only heard for 3 seconds before a background vocals pipes in.