• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

what mic?

Started by nznexus, April 12, 2014, 09:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

what mic  or mics does dr luke use?

someone?

also does he have some kind of eq to remove the mud when recording vocals
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

In his home studio at malibu I believe the mic he uses is a white Blue Woodpecker mic, probably custom made.

http://bluemic.com/woodpecker/#/desc/

I'm not sure if he goes into conway studios as much as he used to, I think he works mostly at home now. But he used to work in studio C over there. Here's the list of the equipment:

http://www.conwayrecording.com/download/studioc.pdf

And for EQs and all that, it's mostly Waves or Pro Tools stock effects. I can tell you that Serban Ghenea uses exclusively software to mix his songs, so a lot of Luke's songs are mixed with software.

But really what matters in vocal recording is that you record in a good environment, or at least try to create a good one to record in. A good recording goes a long way and there's not much EQ to be done really, just cutting the lows and moderately boosting/cutting a few frequencies. Any good EQ could do the job. Rule of thumb: If you catch yourself trying to polish a turd, the turd will still remain a turd.

The money you don't spend on cracked plugins, spend it on material to create a nice recording booth :)

mxmcarl

I know for a fact that Luke and max used the Manley Reference Cardioid mic on a lot of songs (first Katy album). Luke used that on all the Avril tracks as well!

Max even used the manley for the old britney songs (there's a clip somewhere on youtube where you can see it), they also used a neve 1073 preamp with a built in eq when recording!