• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

New Song "Unbelievable" written and produced by me

Started by Dominik, June 28, 2011, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominik

Hey Guys,

maybe you'd like to check out my new tune
"Unbelieveable" i wrote for a female singer
here in germany...

Always looking forward to critics and feedback...

http://soundcloud.com/flofo/unbelievable

take care,

Dominik

Raul_esp

Woww , the song sounds great! , the chorus remind me a bit to ''Teenage dream'' , Great work!

maxmartin'sfan

Dominik

thx you guys...

never realised that it sounds a little like teenage
dream but it's true though...

gm33

I love it! Production is great. If I may ask, what program do you use?

Are all the other songs on your soundcloud yours????
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Dominik

Thank you gm33,

i use logic pro 9 for all my productions.

yes, all the songs are by me...

gm33

wow...I love, love your stuff. Very modern pop sound.

SOS is my favorite (even though I don't understand the lyrics!). Amazing song. Been listening to it a bunch today, haha.  Carousel is great too.

Are you a musician professionally?

I'd love to get more into songwriting (I like writing lyrics), but I'm too busy with my day job to deal about production (and software costs).
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Dominik

cool to hear that...thank you

yeah SOS is a so called "german schlager"...a specific
genre in german music with happy lyrics and a party-character..

yes, I try to do it professional and it's getting
more and more serious and better from day to day though
I cannot really make a living out of it yet (but that will
work out ;)

I'm currently looking for a good publisher signing me
and supporting my work...

do you got some songs I can listen to online maybe??
I'd love to hear them!!!

take care,

Dominik

Rebecca

excellent song Dominik, well done. It's very professional sounding, sounds great for radio.

Axel

Moin Dominik!

I've checked out your stuff this morning, and I have to say I'm very impressed. While I did have the same Teenage Dream deja vu, it nevertheless sounded very professional, even though I think the vocals could be better (is that you singing?). I then moved on to your soundcloud profile and checked out the other songs. You are very versatile and IMO you can be very proud on your compositions particularly when it comes to their structure. Intros never are too long, all the elements such as verses, bridges or choruses are well crafted. A number of things made me smile. Such as the fast down-pitching of vocals, for example right before the chorus comes in, where you clearly mimick a bit of Dr.Luke's trademark elements, as heard in Tik Tok or Kesha's new single Shots On The Hood Of My Car. I also like the rocking "Parachute", whhich goes in the direction of Avril Lavigne's tracks. I'll add the critique later.

SOS gave me a good laugh. Wolfgang Petry all the way, huh? But you manage to pull it off, and I could very well imagine a German Schlager-dude picking the song up.

Now for the critique: I think your area of improvement should be catchy hooks. I'm not paying attention to the lyrics much, but maybe a native speaker would have recommendations in that area (if at all). But when it comes to the melody of hooklines and choruses, I think that this is where you would get the biggest improvement of results. As they are now, they often don't stick to my brain. While the melodies are all solid, singable and comparable to what's on the charts, the uniqueness is missing. Please don't take this the negative way. Plus my opinion isn't worth much. :-) But maybe it's helpful for you in any way. I'm also happy to discuss things further if you like. :)

A bit more background about myself: I'm a songwriter from Switzerland, who hates producing. :) Therefore I am going to team up with Norwegian friend of mine and we hope to get some first presentable tracks within the next 2-3 months. While we have both written loads of songs in the past, they mostly were too niche in the electro genre and they didn't have a traditional radio-airplay structure. This must be remedied. :) The goal is a songwriter publishing deal too. I was making some first efforts after college and pitched 3 songs to Sony, Warner and EMI in Switzerland in the late 90s. EMI turned me down, Warner wanted to arrange meetings for signing me (but they never happened), and Sony asked for more material which I hastily put together (a no-go), so they didn't pursue it further but asked me to send more material whenever I had some. Due to studies I couldn't at the time, but now it's time to pick up the pieces and get some proper stuff done. :)

Your stuff is of high standards IMO. To summarize my feedback: Improve the hooklines and melodies in the chorus, and add some unique trademark elements (comparable to the Dr.Luke vocals-downpitching), but that's just my opinion. :)

Mach weiter so!
-Axel
PS: You said you are working in this professionally. As a musician? Or how do you make a living?

Dominik

Hey Axel,

I really, really liked your thoughts on my work. Thank you very much. Never had
a more honest answer on that, even if it was an A&R. But you know this guys, don't you? ;)

I always thought that the lyrics were my weakest point of skills but there is
certainly some space for more memorable hooks and melodies also, you are right even though I think this is one of my talents. ;) I mean its the goal that any hit song should have, although these kind of things are depending
on individual taste also.

By the way, I would love to listen to some of your tracks. Maybe we get the chance
for a co-write some day. That would be great.

I work as a Junior-Producer, Sound Engineer in a big Agency here in Hamburg. We do
TV- and Radio commercials. It's pretty cool. :)

so we keep in touch,

beste grüße,

Dominik

Axel

hi Dominik

You are very welcome. I'm glad I could help a bit. And yes, collaborating in the future would be great. I'd also like to hear a bit what your "plan" is. I mean, I'm sure you already pitched these demos to some publishers? What were their responses? I can understand if you don't want to give too many insights as you want a publishing deal yourself, but maybe you can share the one or the other anecdotes of your encounters with the publishers.

The material I have from me is not in any chart-music format yet. I made some smaller orchestral-type tracks, some electro stuff, some retro computer music and so on. My Norwegian buddy and I, we won a couple of smaller music competitions within the "demoscene", a community where programmers, gfx artists and musicians create music videos that are running in real-time on a computer (or other platform). A bit complicated to explain. ;)

But I'll send you some links in a PM. They will just be quite different to what you'll be hearing in the future. :)

-Axel