• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Savan Kotecha Interviews - Max related questions

Started by turnaround, March 19, 2012, 04:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

You can ask Savan a question and he will maybe answer it on his website:

Savan Q&A
March 14, 2012

Do you have a question you've always wanted to ask Savan Kotecha? He'll be answering some of your songwriting, producing, and music industry related questions via video response next week! Email your questions to SavanKotechaCS@gmail.com and stay tuned for one-of-a-kind advice from Savan!

http://www.kananisongs.com

Maybe someone from you would ask him a Max related question? :)

Go for it!
And I liked it..

Linda

It's funny how you are trying to think of a question you always wanted to ask and your mind goes completely blank....

Rebecca

sounds exciting, that is nice of Savan to do that. I'm not sure what I would ask him either. I would mainly like to hear him talk about the songwriting process of a great song like Britney's "I Wanna Go" or something like that. I'm not sure if I will send a question in though.

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca

thanks that was a really good interview. does Savan mainly write the lyrics?

Rebecca

I just watched the Savan videos. Andrea, was that you who asked Savan what his favourite song was?

andrea

Yeah, that's me! Ihihihhi  ;) What did he say about Italy? I don't understand...

Rebecca

Quote from: andrea on April 06, 2012, 09:35:39 AM
Yeah, that's me! Ihihihhi  ;) What did he say about Italy? I don't understand...

cool, I thought that was you! He didn't say anything really, he said the question, then said "from Italy, from Andrea from Italy". He acted surprised a question came from Italy!

turnaround

New article about Savan with Questions and Answers

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/savan-kotecha-418487

THR Names Music's 35 Top Hitmakers

About Max Martin

THR: Tell me about Max Martin's role as your mentor and some of the lessons he's taught you.

Kotecha: He's a very wise man, and he's basically taught me to really challenge myself and challenge every song and set the bar high. Don't sort of let good things go, only let great things go. He's just great person to bounce ideas off of. If I'm struggling with something, even just music business related, he's somebody I call to get advice. He's obviously been around for so long, he's so successful. He teaches me so much about melodies and song structures and all those kind of things.

THR: How involved is he still in your day-to-day?

Kotecha: Oh very much so. I mean, I'm actually, he's my publisher now and I confide in him. Knowing that you have probably one of the greatest ever on your team -- it sort of makes it like you're playing basketball on the same team as Michael Jordan. Sometimes it feels like I'm cheating, you know? That's sort of what it feels like.

And very interesting:

THR: Is there a song that you've worked on that you believe should have been a hit but wasn't?

Kotecha: Yeah, there's probably a few.  But you know, for whatever reason they weren't. I mean, I really wish and thought Christina Aguilera's "Your Body" would have been bigger than it was. I thought -- and suppose I could have just been wrong -- in the U.K. there is an artist called Shane Ward, and he had song called "No You Hang Up" I did with some friends, and I actually thought that would be a lot bigger than it was. It went to No. 2 in England but we thought it would be a bigger hit around Europe.
And I liked it..

turnaround

And I liked it..

Joshua

That was great! Yeah surely if they've got Max at number one, they'll have to feature him. Good luck getting a hold of him though! ;D

AdamKhan

He does not look 34 years old omg...he looks 21 hahaha