• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Wrecking Ball" Miley Cyrus/Dr. Luke

Started by turnaround, June 03, 2013, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

What do you think of the new Miley Cyrus single "We can't stop"

Full listening:

http://www.mileycyrus.bz/2013/06/03/news-we-cant-stop-worldwide-premiere

All the new singles of the Disney ladies (Demi, Selena, Miley) are hyped so much. I don't know if the hype is bigger than their songs actually.

And I liked it..

B Steady

I don't even know their past since I'm not interested in Disney or the like ... anyway, Demi is one of my favorite albums this year, Selena's current single is amazing and this new Miley song is awesome as well! thus the hype is well deserved in my opinion :D
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Good song , it sounds a bit different.

georg_e

omg I hate this on so many levels....but most of all  I hate (on ANY record) that STUPID distorted male voice "It's our party we can...blah blah".. I'd literally rather have a tooth fllled than listen to this all the way through, and in fact I couldn't make it even halfway through the song!! 

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on June 04, 2013, 12:46:04 AM
I'd literally rather have a tooth fllled than listen to this all the way through, and in fact I couldn't make it even halfway through the song!!

this is too funny you're saying this since I got a tooth filled few hours ago :D :D :D it wasn't horrible at all btw hahaha! but the song is better 8)
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on June 04, 2013, 01:18:30 AM
this is too funny you're saying this since I got a tooth filled few hours ago :D :D :D it wasn't horrible at all btw hahaha! but the song is better 8)
Ah, that's funny, B !! :-)    Well, at least I hope you got high from some nice pain killer at the dentist!  That can be the only good part of having a tooth filled!  This song doesn't get me high though...just gets me mad that she's putting out such low level trash. I admit the chorus melody is kinda good, but the rest of it...........

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on June 04, 2013, 01:42:09 AM
  Ah, that's funny, B !! :-)    Well, at least I hope you got high from some nice pain killer at the dentist!  That can be the only good part of having a tooth filled!  This song doesn't get me high though...just gets me mad that she's putting out such low level trash. I admit the chorus melody is kinda good, but the rest of it...........

nope, unfortunately I didn't get high haha ... I had no pain so I can't say it was terrible or the like ... maybe you have a dental fear? :D

I don't know ... but I really like this song!!! maybe it's due to the fact that I just fell in love with Miley (she's perfect with her new hair!!!) but the song has just a nice atmosphere and I love her voice even though it's artificial as f*ck ... but itgot something very special!!! also I'm a big fan of Mike Will Made It, what a high flyer!!! apart from that it's another song with the famous I-V-VI-IV chord progression :D
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

I can't make up my mind! the male voice is really annoying, but I don't mind some of the rest of it, it's pretty catchy!
but I think they have distorted her voice so much, I don't think I would have even known it was Miley if I wasn't told.

Joshua

It's not too bad, maybe even a bit of a grower for me. So weird that it's like a party song yet so slow and laid back. Doesn't sound to me like they've done anything unusual to Miley's voice for the most part.

B... it's actually I iii vi IV. You think... I know. Hahaha, kidding of course. :P

I don't mind the low pitched male voice, reminds me of that Kendrick Lamar song "Drank". Much less annoying than being Akon pitched up or will.i.am over-tuned.

B Steady

What? That's barely her voice anymore ...

Hahahah! :D yeah you're right! I didn't proof it exactly anyway, just checked if you can sing "Whistle" along the song :D I mean iii is the relative key to V but still I was wrong ...
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on June 04, 2013, 09:11:16 PM
What? That's barely her voice anymore ...

Hahahah! :D yeah you're right! I didn't proof it exactly anyway, just checked if you can sing "Whistle" along the song :D I mean iii is the relative key to V but still I was wrong ...

Yeah they're totally interchangeable with one another, actually part of the reason I love "Walks Like Rihanna" is down to the way they exchange V in the first half of the chorus for iii in the second, that's what hit me on my first listen.

There's some chorus/doubling on her vocal in places, but in the verse especially it just sounds like regular old Miley to me. I need to listen again, but I thought they only started messing with her voice for effect right towards the end?

AdamKhan

The 2nd Selena Gomez single is much better then this and it was released on the same day as this Miley single.

Rock city wrote this miley single (They wrote Rihanna - "Pour It Up"...Kelly Rowland - Kisses Down Low)

Cool song tho

B Steady

Quote from: AdamKhan on June 05, 2013, 02:51:59 AM
The 2nd Selena Gomez single is much better then this and it was released on the same day as this Miley single.

Rock city wrote this miley single (They wrote Rihanna - "Pour It Up"...Kelly Rowland - Kisses Down Low)

Cool song tho

Yeah it's the writing team that Mike Will Made It is working with. Thus it's no surprise that he produced all these songs ;)
Vila i frid Dag