• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Wrecking Ball" Miley Cyrus/Dr. Luke

Started by turnaround, June 03, 2013, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I'd love to know the story behind "Wrecking ball"

It's a unusual combination of writers:

QuoteLukasz Gottwald Maureen Anne McDonald Stephan Moccio Sacha Skarbek Henry Russell Walter

Pop/Acoustic writers like Sacha Skarbek with Dr Luke.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on September 10, 2013, 06:01:27 PM
I'd love to know the story behind "Wrecking ball"

It's a unusual combination of writers:

Pop/Acoustic writers like Sacha Skarbek with Dr Luke.
Good point, Turnaround....I think this may be partly why it's so good, and different sounding.....I looked up Stephan Moccio recently, for example....he's an excellent pianist/composer/arranger....classically trained......

turnaround

Probably this was also for another artist (Marina and the Diamonds?!) and would have been a calmer song than it is now. Dr Luke came in made it match with Mileys current sound/image.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I think the A&R found the song interesting and decided to pitch it for Miley. To fit the "edgier" pop sound of the album, they sent it to Luke & Cirkut to produce it and they made some minor changes, so they got minor writing credits.

It's not that usual in producer to get writing credits of songs they didn't write, but usually A-list artists do that to get royalties.

And a new acoustic version with new vocals was released, with the usual country vocal runs she usually does.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 11, 2013, 06:34:28 PM
I think the A&R found the song interesting and decided to pitch it for Miley. To fit the "edgier" pop sound of the album, they sent it to Luke & Cirkut to produce it and they made some minor changes, so they got minor writing credits.

It's not that usual in producer to get writing credits of songs they didn't write, but usually A-list artists do that to get royalties.

And a new acoustic version with new vocals was released, with the usual country vocal runs she usually does.
This is one record though -- even though it's a really good song on it's own -- where the production/sound is what makes it great. I can't even imagine the record any other way, it's so powerful.  I wanna listen to the acoustic version too, though!! :D

EDIT: Found acoustic version here: http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball-acoutic-premiere/     Don't like -- they changed the fourth chord in the verses from minor to major for some weird reason :-(

Raul_esp

I'm Glad the song is going so well , I love it!

Joshua

When I heard this for the first time on the radio the other day I wasn't sure I really cared for it. But straight away on second listen I totally fell in love. That chorus is so infectious and powerful, it reminds me of her other ballads that I also love. I honestly wasn't expecting her to do something so mature on this record.

georg_e

turnaround

James Arthur covered the song and it really works perfectly in this stripped down version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oHKpXAPTVNU
And I liked it..

turnaround

And I liked it..

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Khan9898

Sasha Skarbek was part of the team that wrote it first, then the label had it sent to Dr. Luke. Happened to Rami/Carl for Starships with RedOne.