• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Wrecking Ball" Miley Cyrus/Dr. Luke

Started by turnaround, June 03, 2013, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Ah, thanks for that information.

You realize the song is a very classic pop tune and melody but it had to go through the Dr Luke sound machine to match it the "new Miley".

In a stripped-down way it could have been a James Blunt song.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I like a lot Wrecking Ball, it's a grower for sure.

But her voice is SO country sounding -not in a bad way- that sounds out of place with those urban beats and stuff.
What do you guys think?

I know country is not that cool so that's why they're doing it mainstream, but look at Taylor Swift's Red... and she nailed.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 30, 2013, 08:03:04 PM
I like a lot Wrecking Ball, it's a grower for sure.

But her voice is SO country sounding -not in a bad way- that sounds out of place with those urban beats and stuff.
What do you guys think?

I know country is not that cool so that's why they're doing it mainstream, but look at Taylor Swift's Red... and she nailed.
Well, to me her country sound works great with urban too.......actually if you think about it, the roots of pop (via blues and R&B originally) are Southern-- only later did it turn into what we call "urban".....then again, I lean toward that cuz I have Southern roots in my family, although I didn't grow up there myself: but it's in my blood, so I love it! :D

turnaround

Album can be streamed on iTunes for free.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Holy shit! disappointment of the year!!

Besides the singles I only like Drive. Some of the songs are really horrible.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

The first song sounds a lot like Rihanna.

Jesperkmusic

Epic song...don't understand how anyone cannot like the production, but of course music is a matter of personal taste.

melodicmoonlight

Adore You has great vocal melody. SMS is hot

Axel

To me, Wrecking Ball is one of the best songs of the years. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. The melody is so so so so so so awesome. The whole hype around the song because of Miley and her issues is needless. The song itself rules as hard as a... as a... (*drumroll*)...wrecking ball. (*tshhhh*)

nznexus

Quote from: B Steady on October 01, 2013, 01:24:14 AM
Holy shit! disappointment of the year!!

Besides the singles I only like Drive. Some of the songs are really horrible.

i dont like wreckin ball bangerz so much
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

georg_e

Quote from: Axel on November 18, 2013, 01:53:31 PM
To me, Wrecking Ball is one of the best songs of the years. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. The melody is so so so so so so awesome. The whole hype around the song because of Miley and her issues is needless. The song itself rules as hard as a... as a... (*drumroll*)...wrecking ball. (*tshhhh*)
Agree, should get a Grammy for song of the year.  Also, Lady Gaga and R. Kelly's performance on SNL of "Do What You Want With my Body" made Miley on VMAs  look like a Girl Scout performance, lol   They did everything but actually......ahem.  I loved it :D

j.fco.morales

It's her persona what I dislike.

And her voice doesn't fit in pop songs.

Raul_esp

Quote from: Axel on November 18, 2013, 01:53:31 PM

I love it too , Amaaaazing song. I'm Obsessed with it.

turnaround

The performance of "Wrecking Ball" at the Bambi awards has been very cool. Stripped-down - three guitars and her brilliant voice.

And I liked it..

J_A24

I did a bootleg idea for this song a while ago, but didn't bother to finish it :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/crly1w6svhxql1v/Wrecking%20ball%20Remix.mp3