• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Celine Dion - Loved Me Back To Life - Album out on 11/1

Started by B Steady, July 29, 2013, 11:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

There's a remix contest of Loved Me Back To Life on Indaba.
The stems are available.

And the song is disgustingly arranged: it's like a demo. Out of date production and no sound designing at all.
I tried to make a remix, but the voice has delay and reverb and I don't like how it sounds with the track I was working on so I quit.

B Steady

Yeah I noticed that too. The songwriting is brilliant but the production is not as good.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

I love ''Somebody Loves Somebody'' , Pure pop , I hope it be the next single.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on October 20, 2013, 10:04:55 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. The songwriting is brilliant but the production is not as good.

The production is TRASH!

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 20, 2013, 09:55:17 PM
There's a remix contest of Loved Me Back To Life on Indaba.
The stems are available.

And the song is disgustingly arranged: it's like a demo. Out of date production and no sound designing at all.
I tried to make a remix, but the voice has delay and reverb and I don't like how it sounds with the track I was working on so I quit.

I'm trying to do something too, but Celine Dion's vocal acrobatics are so outdated, cheesy and too present, and yeah the delays and reverb are god-awful.

And the beat is a joke. How does that stuff come out in 2013 lol? Some raging A&R decided that it was time for Celine to sound "modern" lol.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: J_A24 on October 21, 2013, 08:49:12 AM
I'm trying to do something too, but Celine Dion's vocal acrobatics are so outdated, cheesy and too present, and yeah the delays and reverb are god-awful.

And the beat is a joke. How does that stuff come out in 2013 lol? Some raging A&R decided that it was time for Celine to sound "modern" lol.

They tried to make her modern on One Heart, with those Britney-esque songs produced by Max Martin and is was such a fail.
They even cut her hair and people didn't go to her concert in Las Vegas.

I saw the video of the Las Vegas show, but not the concert... the backstage! lol

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 22, 2013, 12:46:33 AM
They tried to make her modern on One Heart, with those Britney-esque songs produced by Max Martin and is was such a fail.

The "cheiron" songs on "one heart" are super awesome, I love em all !!! <3
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Love is all we need sung by Celine Dion is such a fail, come on.

But to me In His Touch, is one of his best songs ever. I absolutely love it.

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 22, 2013, 12:46:33 AM
They even cut her hair and people didn't go to her concert in Las Vegas.

I saw the video of the Las Vegas show, but not the concert... the backstage! lol

Her stint in Las Vegas was very successful actually, I remember seeing it on the news like every week or so since she's practically a goddess where I live. The problem is her english albums, it's flop after flop, which is kinda normal, but if only the music was actually somewhat commercially relevant it would be cool.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: J_A24 on October 22, 2013, 01:14:12 AM
Her stint in Las Vegas was very successful actually, I remember seeing it on the news like every week or so since she's practically a goddess where I live. The problem is her english albums, it's flop after flop, which is kinda normal, but if only the music was actually somewhat commercially relevant it would be cool.

Well, of course it was successful, but on the DVD they said they hadn't sold out tours while she cut her hair short and bleached light blonde. And they decided to put extensions and dry her hair back and the ticket sales went up again.

And she makes money from touring, even I would pay to see her  :o

B Steady

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/celine-ne-yo/2766600034001

Ne-Yo and Celine Dion in the studio!

Y'all should watch this! It's so interesting and so much fun as well :D
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Album starts very good, especially "Somebody loves somebody". Very Swedish track. Almost cheironish. "Breakaway" is also by the same team. Originally recorded by German XFactor winner.

But I feel lots of fillers and not enough diversity. Lyrically and musically.

Btw there had been a controversity about the cover of the Merriweather/Adele song..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loved_Me_Back_to_Life
And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: J_A24 on October 21, 2013, 08:49:12 AM

I thought maybe you guys were just overreacting, I didn't think it was that bad the few times I listened to it. But I just checked out the instrumental and you're right... it's basic, dated and yeah, almost demo-like in places. I thought maybe some of the really simple sounds they were using were intentional (especially that strings patch), but then the "we've just discovered Timbaland" beat doesn't do much to convince me. I still like the impact the chorus has though, the big and heavy low end works so well with what was written.

georg_e

Haven't listened to her new stuff yet, but I honestly think they should've given "Unconditionally" to Celine....everytime I hear that song, she's all I can think of singing it!! :-)

j.fco.morales

Quote from: turnaround on November 01, 2013, 11:30:45 PM
Album starts very good, especially "Somebody loves somebody". Very Swedish track. Almost cheironish. "Breakaway" is also by the same team. Originally recorded by German XFactor winner.

But I feel lots of fillers and not enough diversity. Lyrically and musically.

Btw there had been a controversity about the cover of the Merriweather/Adele song..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loved_Me_Back_to_Life

Oh, Daniel Merriweather... he was a one hit wonder. And that song placements must have been done by Eg White, he produced a bunch of songs in the album and he may pitched other songs, including the Merriweather and Adele song.

She always says she doesn't write her songs, so I think he's trying to gain some attention, in a bad way.
You, as the original writer, are always contacted by the management if they want to use your song.
So I think this is not real and they're trying to make some press to promote the album, no one knew about it before this.