• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

World Cup Song........

Started by georg_e, January 28, 2014, 01:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voodoo

nznexus

no itzzzzzzzzzzzz not!
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

It' very catchy in my honest opinion. The chord progression and the soundscape changed everything, sometimes it's not all about melody.

georg_e

Quote from: J_A24 on April 12, 2014, 09:41:01 PM
It' very catchy in my honest opinion. The chord progression and the soundscape changed everything, sometimes it's not all about melody.
EXACTLY!!!  That's what hit me, too -- the chord progression, which is really good, and the first demo didn't have that :-) It added so much to that melody, it was like hearing a different song. I also love that little breakdown part in the middle of the song, where the chords go down in rhythmic hits.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on April 12, 2014, 11:02:03 PM
   EXACTLY!!!  That's what hit me, too -- the chord progression, which is really good, and the first demo didn't have that :-) It added so much to that melody, it was like hearing a different song. I also love that little breakdown part in the middle of the song, where the chords go down in rhythmic hits.
And the rythm of the bassline starting on the second chorus. It has the whole "Lambada" thing going on.

And on top of the composition, the production is pretty damn good too. Luke and Cirkut really killed when it came to evoking the emotion of a world cup anthem. So many details; From the processing of the "Batucada" to the processing of Pitbull's vocals when he chants the ole ole part with the crowd and the vocal processing on Claudia Leitte's voice. It just sounds like a world wide anthem.

AdamKhan

Danny Mercer is such a dope writer and he is soo young !!!

and I love the production.

Rebecca

I love the production too, but the song is not catchy enough, however as an anthem it's pretty good.

turnaround

The song gets better with each listen. I think the verses by J-Lo have a nice energy.

But I really wonder why it took so many established writers to write such a track and what Sia's part was in it?
And I liked it..