• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Multitracks of Max Martin songs

Started by badpoetry, June 18, 2015, 08:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagge

Quote from: Tano87 on November 06, 2021, 10:08:17 PM
Don't think so...strings are different.
If you listen to the instrumental you can hear the organ BUT in the stems you hear a piano.
Also in the Beatnik remix you can hear also the sine lead sound which is not in the stems...
This is why I think most of the stuff from these stems are good fanmade.
If you align them they doesn't even match.

What's the point of inserting a couple of orig multitrack channels and then add a couple of fabricated ones. If they had orig vocal tracks they obviously had access to the whole multitrack.

Tano87

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 08, 2021, 09:30:58 PM
I downloaded the In The Zone stems and you can hear clearly the background vocals by Cathy Dennis on Showdown.

Britney and Cathy collaborated a lot during that era...this is why she's featured as backing vocalist and it's very loud in the mix.
She was featured in the demos so most of her vocals were kept in the final projects.

Quote from: Dagge on November 09, 2021, 12:54:48 AM
What's the point of inserting a couple of orig multitrack channels and then add a couple of fabricated ones. If they had orig vocal tracks they obviously had access to the whole multitrack.

Probably this was the deal with the label...IDK...
Anyway I think that Cheiron team was very protective with their own soundsets...and this could be confirmed for the fact that no multitracks from the golden days are available except for Baby One More Time.

j.fco.morales

I don't think Cathy is "featured" in the song. She wrote the song, for god's sake!

Back in the day, songwriters and producers pitched their songs for the big projects because the artists were not very involved. Their A&R's teams worked hard in order to get new albums released quickly: find the right songs, present the songs to the artist and then just record lead vocals and move on.

Britney recorded Oops I Did It Again -the whole swedish songs at least- in just one week.
Cathy did sessions with top producers back in the day, after Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head and Come Into My World, who put her in the spotlight -after a successful career in the early 90's as an artist herself- and publishers put her into sessions with top producers.

Tano87

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 09, 2021, 09:08:08 PM
I don't think Cathy is "featured" in the song. She wrote the song, for god's sake!

Back in the day, songwriters and producers pitched their songs for the big projects because the artists were not very involved. Their A&R's teams worked hard in order to get new albums released quickly: find the right songs, present the songs to the artist and then just record lead vocals and move on.

Britney recorded Oops I Did It Again -the whole swedish songs at least- in just one week.
Cathy did sessions with top producers back in the day, after Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head and Come Into My World, who put her in the spotlight -after a successful career in the early 90's as an artist herself- and publishers put her into sessions with top producers.

I know what I'm talking about. She's credited as writer and backing vocalist.
https://www.discogs.com/release/12828945-Britney-Spears-In-The-Zone

There's a Toxic demo featuring Cathy's vocals https://youtu.be/S7dk9DXFrwk
And if I'm not wrong she also released an interview talking about it.

Dagge

Quote from: Tano87 on November 09, 2021, 04:14:15 PM
Anyway I think that Cheiron team was very protective with their own soundsets...and this could be confirmed for the fact that no multitracks from the golden days are available except for Baby One More Time.

Generally, I could agree. Yet there were not many special sounds at that time. It was known that the majority came from the Roland JV-2080 and a couple of other mainstream synths like Korg TR ('stitch'). Bass came mainly from the SE-1 and actually only 'special' sound was the drum sound. A guy turned doctor that worked there at that time confirmed his astonishment at how ordinary their multi-tracks actually sounded. So this quest for early Cheiron multi-tracks would probably be a disappointment for many. There was no secret, 'only' a good taste and a talent.

Tano87

I noticed that in the & Juliet album there are songs that got the original signature elements. If you guys have the chance to get ur hands on them please share them.