• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

I have the next big thing in music but noone believes me

Started by MW, July 03, 2015, 11:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voodoo

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on July 05, 2015, 06:11:33 PM
Would love to be proven wrong...

Same boat. I'd love to be blown away.

But... @MW: Still, I feel like you are talking in riddles. Does anyone else think this or is it just me?

WHAT DO YOU WANT, WHAT DO YOU DO, WHAT CAN YOU OFFER, WHAT DO YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW?

I've taken enough meetings with A&R's and publishers and record labels and played my music to them. It always comes down to what music you play them in the room NOW and whether or not you have something AMAZING enough to do business with. So... what do you HAVE RIGHT NOW? Theories and opinions are'nt gonna get you anywhere.

Rebecca

MW

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on July 05, 2015, 06:11:33 PM
I ve been workng in the music industry for 15 years as a producer/ engineer and studio owner and I've heard si ilar claims numerous times. So far its always been from tone deaf naive wannabes who don't have a clue. Would love to be proven wrong...
Very interesting quote. Since nobody believes me, then it could well be you or some random person that I end up showing stuff to first. Preferably someone who isn't going in with a mindset to prove me wrong and will persist with me in trying to complete the music because I'm not sure how good people are at judging the melodic patterns of hit or good music in completed form, much less in an incomplete state.

Quote from: Voodoo on July 05, 2015, 09:36:03 PM
Same boat. I'd love to be blown away.

But... @MW: Still, I feel like you are talking in riddles. Does anyone else think this or is it just me?

WHAT DO YOU WANT, WHAT DO YOU DO, WHAT CAN YOU OFFER, WHAT DO YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW?

I've taken enough meetings with A&R's and publishers and record labels and played my music to them. It always comes down to what music you play them in the room NOW and whether or not you have something AMAZING enough to do business with. So... what do you HAVE RIGHT NOW? Theories and opinions are'nt gonna get you anywhere.
I don't have something to do business with straight away as you put it otherwise it would be easy for me. I have a whole bunch of attempts to transcribe the lead (important) parts of numerous songs. Someone who is skilled enough at envisioning the melody of it might find that I'm for real though and could maybe make something to do business with in the near future. Telling someone my theories might not get me anywhere, but the theories are important for laying the foundation and explaining what sounds nearly impossible and some people might actually find them very detailed and convincing. And yes I'm kind of talking in riddles because this is meant to be a secret project but I can't find someone who doesn't think I'm talking rubbish. That "love to be proven wrong" attitude is what I'm probably looking for in someone to help me out because someone with too much prejudice might not be able to realize the melody anyway.

Quote from: Rebecca on July 05, 2015, 11:17:50 PM
I think MW is a spammer.
Thanks for giving me a chance then. I'll try not to reply to this post too much. Everyone has to start somewhere. Might as well be a place where people are more likely to understand all this melody stuff I'm talking about.

B Steady

If MW was a spammer he wouldn't spend so much time on replying to all your comments.
Vila i frid Dag

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: MW on July 06, 2015, 09:07:47 AM
And yes I'm kind of talking in riddles because this is meant to be a secret project but I can't find someone who doesn't think I'm talking rubbish. That "love to be proven wrong" attitude is what I'm probably looking for in someone to help me out because someone with too much prejudice might not be able to realize the melody anyway.

Why is it so hard to understand that you're just sounding naive and arrogant, which are two things that'll get you absolutely nowhere in this business. There is a big difference between believing in yourself and just being plain out stupid.
It's like, what if I came in here (or some more appropriate forum perhaps) and said "Hi, I have no education or experience in either science or politics or any of that stuff, and I have never spoken in front of people, but I have the definite solution for global warming and world hunger and I have "Obama-like qualities". I won't tell you what it is because I can't formulate my ideas into words yet, but maybe you guys will be interested in taking part?"

Even you would laugh at me. And rightly so. Because it is 100% impossible to be a complete beginner at something and from the start outshine professionals who have been in their field for decades perfecting their work. Never in the history of the world has this happened, so why would you be the exception? It even took Max Martin until his late 20's before he'd learned how to write world class pop songs repeatedly. And that is a guy who started at an early age, is schooled as a musician and has dedicated his life to the craft of making music, whether it be rock or pop. He didn't just "come up with a formula", he is also extremely musical, talented, hard working and all that. You're kinda giving a big middle finger to all the greatest song writers in the world. Pretty much the wrong way to go.

Voodoo

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on July 06, 2015, 10:50:57 AM
It even took Max Martin until his late 20's before he'd learned how to write world class pop songs repeatedly..

Great point... and even in that latest transcribed interview, Max says they are STILL trying to write the perfect pop song. That's a humble man right there that knows you need to write your friend off, work like no other, and chase the goosebumps... even after 20+ years in the business.

@MW: Honestly I still have no idea what you're talking about.

popmuzik

Im a little shocked that all of the "professionals" in this thread didnt tell him the best thing he could be doing regardless of if we hear it or not, or if we even care. Its called copyright that shit, and upload it to youtube. If you have something that is truly the next big thing in music, the people of youtube will gladly let you know.

But if you want to sell it to someone and hope a major label releases it with a famous artist, it doesnt matter how good it is. Thats not how the biz works. Its all an illusion about how much the people in your network want to see you succeed. Ive never been hired by anyone just because they think i make the right music for them, i get hired because people like my attitude, they like my mindset, they generally want to be around me, I make the people i work with feel very comfortable and tell them jokes so they feel good.

If you came to any pro in person talking how your posts are they're not gonna listen to what you made. Its extremely unhumble and arrogant to claim you have the next big thing while having "im not crazy" in the same sentence. If you have to convince people you arent crazy, you a probably bat shit crazy.

This just brings back memories of every time an independent rapper would ask me to ENGINEER for them followed by "bruh jus do it fo free, im gon be famous and bring you wit me!!!!!" For the love of god dont ever contact an engineer if you do not have the money. They do not get royalties 99.99999999% of the time (unless your name is serban ghenea and have 130 #1 hits mixed).

B Steady

Quote from: popmuzik on July 14, 2015, 04:31:04 AM
For the love of god dont ever contact an engineer if you do not have the money. They do not get royalties 99.99999999% of the time (unless your name is serban ghenea and have 130 #1 hits mixed).

how many #1s has he mixed yet?

edit: oh, wiki says indeed more than 131 singles and albums
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Related rights.
It's not that much money, but engineers get advance paid for their services plus the royalties...

popmuzik

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 14, 2015, 04:55:55 PM
Related rights.
It's not that much money, but engineers get advance paid for their services plus the royalties...

to put things into perspective if you producer/write the single on average you might get $700k usd per million units sold (this is different for everyone, just based on people ive worked with) but the mix engineer might only get $900-$3500 on average depending on your relationship with them, if you're paying them cash or if the label is paying them. The people who produced/wrote the song put in 70-100 hours on it, the mixer gets 6-12hours.

popmuzik

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 14, 2015, 04:55:55 PM
Related rights.

you only get royalties if the option is given to you, dont ask for them if you're an engineer.

Voodoo

Quote from: popmuzik on July 14, 2015, 11:21:54 PM
... you might get $700k usd per million units sold (this is different for everyone, just based on people ive worked with)

Interesting... is that based on Digital/Physical sales, radio play, syncs, etc?

NeutronSynergy

Haha! It's called Investment..nothing moves without it.

1. http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/Investing_In_Music.pdf
2. http://www.negativland.com/news/?page_id=17

But it's an interesting question - what happens to the quality (thru the whole production chain)
of music when it is measured by the value of music..
alis grave nil

popmuzik

Quote from: Voodoo on July 15, 2015, 12:30:47 AM
Interesting... is that based on Digital/Physical sales, radio play, syncs, etc?

Ya but if the song gets used in a movie or tv theres no saying really how much more theyll get. You could produce a song that sells 15m copies and you make 20m from it. Every situation is different.