• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Songs Max Is Credited On

Started by RoyFan, January 23, 2016, 06:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyFan

Curious for you all's opinion no this:

I should preface by saying Max is very talented.

There is one thing that confuses me though that I think is in his control.
I wish he wasn't credited as writer on so many songs where he did more production than writing.

Production makes a huge difference of course, but he's written so many good songs that I don't get why he credits himself as writer on ones he didn't or wrote very minimalistic on.

Most people on this forum are educated on these things , but if you see Max tributes on youtube there are people that credit him on writing "hot n cold", "domino", and a ton more where his input , if any was minimal.

If I was in his situation that would really make me feel uncomfortable.  I guess once the "myth" gains so much momentum
it's scary for someone to just come out and say that he didn't contribute on this song or that song cause you're afraid people will be "let down"

Again - not a put down of him - he's a genius

sonnyblack2000

The thing with songwriting is not how much of the song you wrote but how big a difference it made. You could find that one killer line or riff that makes the song become successful, so who s to say that isn t important

J_A24

I heard that when it comes that, Max has a very good reputation. He doesn't take credit for nothing. But yeah, when Max is credited on a song with many other writers, it's better to assume that the song is just a compilation of great ideas by great writers, rather than a "Max Martin" song.

RoyFan

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on January 24, 2016, 05:42:02 PM
The thing with songwriting is not how much of the song you wrote but how big a difference it made. You could find that one killer line or riff that makes the song become successful, so who s to say that isn t important

Kick friend point -

RoyFan

nanofives

Things are there for a reason, you can see that a lot of songs that Martin is only listed as a producer, See Focus by Ariana or Shameless by The Weeknd from last year. There's no reason to dig deeper because none of us were in that exact moment where the song was recorded.
I can tell you too songs that Martin has been involved on a creative way with ideas and he wasn't listed, Demi said that he met Max in order to record the song For You, and if you look closer, For You doesn't have Max in its credits. Charlie Puth said on twitter that one of his songs was heavily influenced by Max but he didn't actually write and therefore he wasn't credited.
But instead I've heard other people that actually says that they wish they hadn't been included as a co-writer, see Tove Lo on Love Me Like You Do, she said in an interview that people often see her as the main writer, but instead she only did a few line changes, nothing worth noting.

j.fco.morales

You never know.

But we do know that Max is a vocal genius and the best topliner.
He's not good at writing lyrics, he's good producing stuff.

And mainly, he's AMAZING at identify what a song needs to sound better.

nanofives

I don't get what you mean by "not a good songwriter" is it because he makes allegedly grammar mistakes? XD