• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Pitbull (Feat. Lunchmoney Lewis & Flo Rida) - Greenlight (Dr. Luke & Cirkut)

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 21, 2016, 05:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Pitbull, Associated Performer, Main Artist -
Flo Rida, Associated Performer, Featured Artist -
Lunchmoney Lewis, Associated Performer, Featured Artist -
Pitbull feat. Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis, Associated Performer -
Armando C. Perez, Composer, Lyricist -
Dr. Luke, Other, Producer -
Lukasz Gottwald, Composer, Lyricist -
Cirkut, Other, Producer -
Henry Walter, Composer, Lyricist -
Gamal Lewis, Composer, Lyricist -
The Cali-trievers -
Tramar Dillard, Composer, Lyricist -
Al Burna, Engineer, Recording Engineer -
Serban Ghenea, Mixing Engineer -
John Hanes, Engineer - Clint Gibbs, Engineer - Ryan Gladieux, Engineer -
Tyler Sheppard, Assistant Engineer -
Kalani Thompson, Assistant Engineer
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: B Steady on July 22, 2016, 03:23:01 PM
have to take back my "hotel lobby" comment. this was due to weird phones-settings on my PC :D

no take-backs

j.fco.morales

Quote from: georg_e on July 21, 2016, 11:15:37 PM
.  "No Luke input"........cuz you guys were there, right? Please......they work together in the same house....what the hell else do you think Luke is doing if not collaborating? It's a iv major I vi minor V bassline: do you think Cirkut invented that ?

Luke is an editor. He always has been, at least with Prescription writers.
"I like this, I like that. Change that and do this. Let me add some guitars here and there" kind of thing.

Quote from: B Steady on July 22, 2016, 12:00:23 PM
I understand José and he understands me. That's enough for me.

You're so beautiful. But that's not why I love you.

georg_e

^    ^  ^
Yes, well so?  That's not the same thing as "no input". Just one thing like that guitar part can make the whole song!!!  Plus he's listed as a lyricist on this. Anyway, his records have a distinct feeling, so it doesn't really matter how he gets there....and its there no matter with what team he's working with.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: georg_e on July 22, 2016, 11:59:17 PM
       ^    ^  ^
Yes, well so?  That's not the same thing as "no input". Just one thing like that guitar part can make the whole song!!!  Plus he's listed as a lyricist on this. Anyway, his records have a distinct feeling, so it doesn't really matter how he gets there....and its there no matter with what team he's working with.

I'm not trying to understate Luke capabilities at all, but he's the owner of a publisher with lots of writers and producers.
If you know the business, you know you can get money from publishing a hit record. The other day I posted an article where Julia Michaels said that someone gets credits "only for being in the room".

I know this is a speculation, but based on the information we all have available, I tend to think he's not really THAT involved.
Cirkut does the hard work.

Bonnie McKee said to John Seabrook on an interview about Luke that he was an editor.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/10/14/the-doctor-is-in

And that's it.

georg_e, please... it's hard to discuss about some topics with a such a concrete and reductive view.
We don't always have to agree and it's OK.

georg_e

"concrete and reductive view" .......lol.....
   I'M not the one who wrote "It's a Cirkut production, a Cirkut bassline .....no Dr. Luke input"!!!!

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 22, 2016, 11:10:32 PM
Luke is an editor. He always has been, at least with Prescription writers.
"I like this, I like that. Change that and do this. Let me add some guitars here and there" kind of thing.

You're so beautiful. But that's not why I love you.

Avril reference?

nanofives

It would make totally sense if Luke with the years he loses involvement in the making of songs, he really changed it up when he hired Cirkut as his co-producer and 5 years later he didn't leave him in any song. I can't say though that Luke is not talented because in the pre-Cirkut era he wrote and produced a lot songs (almost) alone (The Claude Kelly era).
But I wish I'm wrong either way. We have yet to see a recent Cirkut song without Luke involved.

B Steady

Quote from: nanofives on July 23, 2016, 07:07:33 PM
We have yet to see a recent Cirkut song without Luke involved.

Brokenhearted - Karmin (2012)
High for this - The Weeknd (2011)
Mmm Papi - Britney Spears (2008)
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on July 24, 2016, 08:26:16 AM
Brokenhearted - Karmin (2012)
High for this - The Weeknd (2011)
Mmm Papi - Britney Spears (2008)
hehe.......he was on "Brokenhearted".......check co-writer credits and figure it out :-D :-D

nanofives

georg_e

Quote from: nanofives on July 24, 2016, 06:39:52 PM
Nice, just one song during Lukes era, and it was 4 years ago.
I think maybe you misunderstood ......Was saying Luke IS on the Karmin song, not just Cirkut :)