• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ben Platt - Reverie (second album 8/13)

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 15, 2021, 11:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Second song "Happy to be Sad" out now, from the album Reverie coming out 8/13. Really lovely melodies and a cool saxophone outro.

[SPOTIFY]https://open.spotify.com/track/2I1EqimjfjdHv83O0omJS1?si=147c69253e9f4196[/SPOTIFY]

Not sure of credits yet but he worked with The Monsters & Strangerz on the 1st single "Imagine"

[SPOTIFY]https://open.spotify.com/track/716eVtciaJCtTcaknS3QXr?si=ce28a1533b56415e[/SPOTIFY]

A really promising pop sound from a queer artist. He's got pipes for days too

j.fco.morales

I enjoyed a couple of songs from his first album, nice tone and great vocals.

Imagine was written by Ben Platt, Michael Pollack, Jon Bellion, Alexander "Eskeerdo" Izquierdo, Stefan Johnson and The Monsters & Strangerz.
Produced by Jon Bellion and The Monsters & The Strangerz.
Mixed by Manny Marroquin.

I didn't know the song and I liked it.

j.fco.morales

Is he going full pop? Or more ballads and stuff? What do you guys think?

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 31, 2021, 07:16:55 PM
Is he going full pop? Or more ballads and stuff? What do you guys think?

Seems like a mix of full pop with melancholy vibe. Julia Michaels vibe is similar to that and she was brought on as a co-writer on a few tracks. Plus you got Alex Hope, German and Ian Kirkpatrick who make pretty modern pop sounding music.

melodicmoonlight

Hands down one of the best pop releases this year.