• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

VMA 08

Started by Raul_esp, September 01, 2008, 05:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

Katy perry and pink will be there the  7 september , two max martin song will be presented , as in the old times  :)

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2008/about.jhtml

*Sabine*

Great! :D
And there's also big fuss around Britney, I really hope she'll be present, even if she doesn't perform... Just hope it's not gonna be a disaster like last year! have you seen her promotion video for the VMA's?

Rebecca

Yes, it really is like the old times!

I haven't seen Britney's commercial for VMA's but I heard it was good.

Raul_esp

ahmed

Britney always looks beautiful  ;)

I LOVE her smile

Feelgoodlies

I heard that Katy will be literally kissing a girl on stage at the VMA lol.., I think she will perform a medley of "IKAG + Hot N Cold".

As for Britney I hope she comes and present an award.

Rebecca

Thanks for the Britney VMA commercial, she looks really good

ooh, a medley by Katy, very exciting. I wonder who she'll be kissing?

*Sabine*

Maybe Britney? Haha...
A medley of IKAG and Hot N' Cold would rock.
I also heard Christina Aguilera and Madonna will sing! This is gonna be a very good show this year! :D

Raul_esp

britney will be in the VMA!!!  :)

Feelgoodlies

That's the confirmation of Britney's attendance at this year's VMA god willing:

QuoteBRITNEY SPEARS TO OPEN THE MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS

NEW YORK (AP) — It's Britney, baby, one more time. Despite her train-wreck performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last year, the network confirms Spears will kick off the show once again.

But it won't be a performance. Instead, MTV Networks Music Group President Van Toffler said Wednesday, it'll be something "fun and unexpected" on Sunday night's show.

Unexpected is probably the kindest way to describe Spears' performance at last year's VMAs. In what was heavily promoted as the troubled singer's comeback, she instead gave an unfocused, almost unwatchable performance of "Gimme More," one of the many lowpoints in her year of debacles.

So what made Spears and MTV reunite one more time?

"MTV has long played an important role in my career. How can I not be there to kick off their 25th VMAs? I'm excited to open the entire show, to say hi to my fans and to be nominated," Spears said in a statement.

"I think for Britney, people are rooting for her, and she's really on the road to recovery," Toffler said, noting that MTV had nominated her for three VMAs, including video of the year, for her clip "Piece of Me."

"It feels like it's her year," he added. "It's our 25th anniversary of the VMAs, and she's been such a critical piece of MTV's history."

Spears also equals ratings gold: Last year's VMAs were up 23 percent over the 2006 show.

In recent months, Spears, who's working on a new album, has appeared to have cleaned up her act. Her father James has been in control of her personal and professional matters as her legal conservator, and she drew high ratings and positive reviews when she made guest appearances on CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" earlier this year.

So far, the confirmed performers for Sunday's show include the Jonas Brothers, Lil Wayne, Rihanna, T.I. and Kid Rock.

Toffler also raised the possibility of another troubled pop icon appearing: Michael Jackson.

"We've been talking to him as well, I don't know if that's going to happen," he said. "People fall in and fall out up until the day of the show."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/spears-to-open-mtv-video-music-awards/12683

Here's the deal:

-Britney will NOT perform during the award show. She decided not to because she wants to concentrate on her new album and didn't have time in her schedule for rehearsals.

-Britney will present the nominees in the first category of the night accompanied by either Russel Brand or Micheal Phelps.

-According to my source, Britney will open the show, dancing a little bit for fun and pretending to start a performance. She'll then stop and just go on to present the award.

-Rumor has it that Brit's new single will be playing while she gets on stage. We'll see.

That's her seat supposedly

*Sabine*

Yes awesome she'll open the show! Hope she'll get lucky this year and win at least one award. I love the pic with the seats! lol :D

ahmed

speaking of Britney, ''Baby one more time'' will be 10 years old in the end of this year :)

Raul_esp

Quote from: ahmed on September 04, 2008, 10:36:43 PM
speaking of Britney, ''Baby one more time'' will be 10 years old in the end of this year :)

yes , probably the best pop song in the history , it deserves a homage

*Sabine*

Yes, 10 years ago we first heard of wonderful Brit and that's also the time I became a Cheiron fan!! :D :D
Ah, this doesn't make us young...  ::)

Feelgoodlies

Don't forget "Baby One More Time" was more popular in the beginning of 1999 I mean all buzz over it, yes it was released in 1998 but in the USA only and it took sometime for it to get to # 1, and FINALLY it got and we knew it and LOVED it lol, this will always be Britney's signature song.

It was also said that Christina will attend the VMAS, and will share the stage with Britney[could be a rumour]

Here is a pic of her attending the VMA conference

Oh speaking of Chritsina, have you guys heard her new track?, Keep Getting Better, very catchy IMO.

Edit:
Oh guys, watch this.......secret Britney rehearsalp said to be "the VMA performance"... I think the choreographer we used to know is officially back. :D