• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dear Cheiron members.. I need your help!

Started by Scott Martin :), August 19, 2009, 04:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Hi everyone, as the post title says, I need your help!  8)

Ive heard from a songplugger that some former boy bands are looking for songs that are very much pop but with "a nod to Nashville"

Im guessing he means a Ronan Keating kind of acoustic guitar based pop song like; "When you say nothing at all"

Can anyone point me to new songs from Westlife, Take That, BSB etc, that might fall into this description?

Im working on a new song called; "You'll be in my arms again" and would like some reference tracks to help me choose the arrangement and production for the song.

Thanks very much, I know you guys have the knowledge!  ;) ;D

-Scott.

Rebecca

ooh, I wonder which boybands? sounds interesting. I'm a little bit disappointed though, pop songs with "a nod to Nashville" sound way too safe, though I suppose it sells well.

Anyway, the song that came to mind is Take That's "Patience", a great song. It probably doesn't have a nod to Nashville, but it's not too bubblegum pop.

BSB's "Incomplete" also has that mature pop sound to it.

georg_e

BSB's   "Helpless When She Smiles"  --single from "Unbreakable".  Totally coulda been a country song, and was co-written by some Nashville writers.   (Great song, too ;)

Thanks Bec and George!

Ill check those songs out.  ;)

Great song choices!

"Patience" reminds me a tiny bit of the "MMM MMM MMM" song buy the crash test dummies - not melodically or anything, just the rhythm.

"Helpless When She Smiles" has a huge country vibe going for it!