• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cheiron contest

Started by Raul_esp, October 31, 2008, 07:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

my choice:

3T - I need you
written by: eric carman
produced by: denniz & max
listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvcmUcFBF9U

*Sabine*

One of my favourite songs ever:

Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry - Ace of Base  
Album: "The Bridge" (1995)
Written by: Jonas "Joker" Berggren
Produced, recorded & mixed by: Denniz PoP / Max Martin / Joker @CHEIRON
Infos: (taken from the booklet)
" [...] The whole team from Cheiron including producers and artists would meet up together at the end of a long day (who knows when that is) and on such an occasion we had a fantastic atmosphere going for us. From that time on the whole production at Cheiron was great. [...] Joker "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoEcUfhTvvE

Alex Martin

Hi,my choice....

Anders Johansson - Without You

Written By: ALEXANDRA TALOMAA

Produced By:Johan Brorson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vewpyF3in58

It's not the complete version  :(

Rebecca

Congrats Unexpected for "Amazing" - great choice.

Here's my choice this week:

Darin - Why Does It Rain?
Written by Jorgen Elofsson/Anja. Produced by GHOST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahoJdtG96pA

Feelgoodlies

My Choice:

Same Difference - We R One
Album:Pop (2008)
Writters:Jörgen Elofsson, Per Westerlund
Producers: Quiz, Josef Larossi

Poptasticuk

Robyn - Don't Stop the Music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMEYREoqhKo
Album: "Don't Stop The Music" (2002)
Written by Alexander Kronlund / Robyn Carlsson / Mikkel Sigvardt / Ulf Lindström / Johan Ekhé
Mixed by Max Martin / Rami Yacoub / Ulf Lindström / Johan Ekhé

Unexpected

Celine Dion - Love is all we need

written and produced by : Max Martin & Rami
Album : One heart

I really love this song, I hope you do ;)

Raul_esp

Votes :

-Linda : 3t - I need you : 9, I love this song , the voice of michael is so great ! , emotional song.

-Sabine : Ace of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry : 9'5 , ace of base , best dance group ever!! , this song is amazing.

- Alex martin : Anders johansson - without you : 8'8 , Great and nice song , I only found the whole song live.

-Rebecca : Darin - Why Does It Rain? : 8 , nice song , but nothing specially , the voice of darin always nice.

-Feelgoodlies : Same difference - We r One : 9'2 , I love this song , very catchy , it deserved be a hit!!

- Poptasticuk : Robyn - Don't stop the music : 8'5 , good song but others songs of robyn are much better , anyway good song .

-Unexpected : Celine dion - Love is all we need : 8'7 , Great song , this song sound sounds very familiar for me , I think I heard the melody before in other song.

Feelgoodlies

Votes:

Linda : 3t - I need you : 7.0, Nice song, but I don't like this band!

-Sabine : Ace of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry : 8, this is the first time I hear this, thanks Sabine, I kinda liked it, I guess it has some copy and paste ellemnets from "All that She Wants"

- Alex martin : Anders johansson - without you : 7.5, nice track, that's all I can say!

-Rebecca : Darin - Why Does It Rain? : 8, I like the song but don't love it, really great vocals from my favourite male vocalist ever mr Darin, and I also have to say that the lyrics are just very good.

- Raul : A1 - Nothing but trouble : 7, I liked it, but they sure have better ones I guess.   

- Poptasticuk : Robyn - Don't stop the music : 6 , I don't like the singer, and the song could've been better imo, thanks for introducing it poptastic anyways!
-Unexpected  Celine dion - Love is all we need: 7.8 , Nice song, but I've always thought it doesn't have that Max/Rami effort I know!

*Sabine*

- Linda : 3T - I need you : 9 . This is an amazing song, typical Cheiron sound, really emotional, nice lyrics, Denniz and Max at their best. It sounds like a classic. Would be a 10 with the BSB singing.

- Sabine : Ace of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry : I LOVE the harmony in this song, Jenny and Linn's voices are amazing. This is my fave song from them. I can't believe you had never heard it Fellgoodlies!

- Alex Martin : Anders Johansson - Without you : 7. I had never heard it before and I can't say I fell for it. Anyways it's still pretty good but I don't feel the urge to play it again.

- Rebecca : Darin - Why Does It Rain? : 7.5. Darin has a great voice on this song but this is far from being his best. I don't think this song is special, I only like the production and the melancholy.

- Feelgoodlies : Same Difference - We R One : 9. Very very good song. It has all the ingredients to make a great song. Maybe it goes a bit too far in cheesiness though...

- Poptasticuk : Robyn - Don't stop the music : 8. Very powerful, new sound and new style for Robyn. This song worked well and deserved it. I like it but her previous Cheiron songs were much better.

- Raul : A1 - Nothing but trouble : 7. Fairly good, I don't particulary like it and mostly this group is terrible.

- Unexpected : Celine Dion - Love is all we need : 7.5 For me this is one of Max's worst songs. As Feelgoodlies pointed out, I can't feel the sparkling powder Max puts on his songs. This song is a bit too dark and bland...

Poptasticuk

- Linda : 3T - I need you : 5. I wasn't a fan of 3T and I still don't think they are anywhere near as good as other 90s boybands.

- Sabine : Ace of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry: 9. One of the best Ace of Base songs, such a great 90s summer pop sound.

- Alex Martin : Anders Johansson - Without You : 7.5. It's quite a good song in a Westlife-y way, but I prefer his version of Alone by Heart.

- Rebecca : Darin - Why Does It Rain? : 7. I love Darin but I never understood why this was a hit. I much prefer his upbeat songs in general to his ballads.

- Feelgoodlies : Same Difference - We R One : 8.5. I loved this band on X Factor and really liked their album. It's a shame they weren't more successful.

- Raul : A1 - Nothing But Trouble : 5. A1 were great but I've never heard this song before and I can see why it wasn't a hit, their other songs were much better.

- Unexpected : Celine Dion - Love Is All We Need : 6. This was new to me and I'm surprised Celine did a song like this. I don't really love or hate it, it's just OK.

Rebecca

- Linda : 3T - I need you : 7.5. It's a really nice song, a little bit cheesy, but the production is great.

- Sabine : Ace of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry: 8.0. good, catchy song

- Alex Martin : Anders Johansson - Without You: 7.7. Yes, for sure this is a Westlife-y song. I've only heard it a few times before, a really nice song, very good

- Rebecca : Darin - Why Does It Rain?

- Feelgoodlies : Same Difference - We R One. 8.2. Very catchy but it's almost too bubblegum even for me

- Raul : A1 - Nothing But Trouble : 8.7. I heard this song for the first time! but I love it too, this is one of the best Andreas Carlsson songs for me outside of Cheiron

- Unexpected : Celine Dion - Love Is All We Need: 9.2. I love this song, I like that it's dark and I love the lyrics, the song is original to me.

- Poptasticuk : Robyn - Don't stop the music : 7.6. First time I've heard of this song! it's very good, but doesn't stick in my brain

Alex Martin

- Linda : 3T - I need you Vote 8 beautiful love song

- Sabine : Ace of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry : Vote 8.5 this is (togheter with the sign)my favourite AOB song....Great Great Great!!!!

- Alex Martin : Anders Johansson - Without you : VOTE 10 I think Alexandra is a good songwriter and this song is A M A Z I N G like my smile ;D ;D ;D

- Rebecca : Why Does it rain - Vote 7.5 Good song but Jorgen can do better.

- Feelgoodlies : Same Difference - We R One : VOTE 8.4 Jorgen can do better and this song is better than why does it rain  ;D

- Poptasticuk : Robyn - Don't stop the music : Vote 6 I'm sorry but i really don't like robyn work except show me love.

- Raul : A1 - Nothing but trouble : Vote 6 I really like A1 theyre WAS GREAT but this song is the worst of their second album.

- Unexpected : Celine Dion - Love is all we need : VOTE 8 This song could be 10 with a great chorus.The arrangement is cool!!!

Unexpected

Oops I totally forgot about this  :-[

- Linda : 3T - I need you : 6 never heard this before actually, not bad though

- Sabine : Ace of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry: 6  Also First time for me with this song, very all that you want; I'm not a fan of that song also.

- Alex Martin : Anders Johansson - Without You: 7.5 Again first time I hear this, Sounds good maybe I'll rate it higher in the future, Would love if you can send me the song Alex if you have it.

- Rebecca : Darin - Why Does It Rain? 10 It seems like alot will be surrprised but  I LOVE THIS SONG, everything is perfect about this for me, song, Darin vocals, Video, I just adore this.

- Feelgoodlies : Same Difference - We R One. 8 nice catchy tunes, I like it, but it gets boring after few listens, still good.

- Raul : A1 - Nothing But Trouble : 7 I've heard this before but wasn't great enough to make me download it.

- Unexpected : Celine Dion - Love Is All We Need

- Poptasticuk : Robyn - Don't stop the music : 5 I hate this singer, she's ain't nothin' special at all, and also this song is just ordinary, I like her Handle Me though.

Poptasticuk

I'm really surprised that so few of you are Robyn fans. She's one of my all time favourite popstars! I love her songs and her character.