• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

My music--please critique

Started by JackSnr, October 06, 2010, 01:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSnr

Hi everyone

I like to write and produce music for fun and have decided to upload a few of my songs for your critique as some members do from time to time.

The songs date from newest to oldest with them getting progressively worse. I know it's very hard to do but please try and judge the songs and not the vocalist -- a friend of mine, who was the only person I could find to sing demos but he's not the greatest singer.

Note: When If Not Now Instrumental was written about a year ago when I first started writing songs. It was produced when I was still using garage band and was my (incredibly feeble  ;)) attempt at recreating the cherion sound. It does have lyrics and a melody but I deemed those not good enough to bother recording. The chorus melody can be heard playing on a high tinkly thing. I thought you might like to hear it.

Anyway, enough talking. Here they are: http://soundcloud.com/james-jordan

Raul_esp

georg_e

Hey Jack, that's really good work for one year of songwriting!!   My fave is "Stomp" -- I put a timed comment on your Souncloud of a part I especiailly liked.  Structure and melodies really good on that, and with a strong  singer it'd be great. Only thing not crazy about are lyrics, but that's just my opinion.   Also really liked the synth riff and tempo of the fast song  (I think the third one on there ("All My Life"?)  That's a really catchy start to the song that grabbed me.  So great work!!

Feelgoodlies

You have potential

"Stomp" is similar to"Dj Got Us Fallin' In Love" from Usher!

Alex Martin

Izalightblue

Linda

Raul_esp

the begining of ''all my life'' i agree , it has something great , special and fresh.

JackSnr

Thank you all very much for your encouraging words  :D
It's funny that the many people found "All My Life" their favorite. Mine is "Maria"