• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

New Song I Wrote - "Lifeguard"

Started by Voodoo, May 15, 2014, 10:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voodoo

Check it out and tell me your thoughts. Been pitching this one around and have gotten some great feedback from A&R. So hopefully something great connects with it!

https://soundcloud.com/thewolfpak/lifeguard

AlexanderLaBrea

Always fun to hear new songs! I can give you some pointers on the top of my head. You seem to be thinking in "the right way" as far as poparrangements/lyrics is concerned which is a big thing. The track is pretty solid, allthough the whistle hook in the chorus (which is the hook of the song) needs to go WAY up. And the song melodies aren't really cutting it. The chorus doesn't "lift", and for it to be a competitative pop song it really needs to. The chorus especially is a bit to monotonous. You're half way there with the whistle, so aim at giving more power to the melodies by going higher, pushing the vocals a bit more during the chorus. Also try and make more things happen production wise in the chorus to make it BIG.

With that said, you've come quite some way. Just continue working and it'll turn out great in the end! Work always pay off!

j.fco.morales

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 16, 2014, 01:23:58 AM
Always fun to hear new songs! I can give you some pointers on the top of my head. You seem to be thinking in "the right way" as far as poparrangements/lyrics is concerned which is a big thing. The track is pretty solid, allthough the whistle hook in the chorus (which is the hook of the song) needs to go WAY up. And the song melodies aren't really cutting it. The chorus doesn't "lift", and for it to be a competitative pop song it really needs to. The chorus especially is a bit to monotonous. You're half way there with the whistle, so aim at giving more power to the melodies by going higher, pushing the vocals a bit more during the chorus. Also try and make more things happen production wise in the chorus to make it BIG.

With that said, you've come quite some way. Just continue working and it'll turn out great in the end! Work always pay off!

That's the work of the recording artists, isn't?
I agree with the good feedback, congrats!

AlexanderLaBrea

No, in this case it's in the way the melodies are written :)

Tano87

Congrats...the song is very very cute. Very Dr Luke...It just needs bigger instruments sounds. The whistle in the chorus is cute too but it needs to be higher...the low note (mmh) is too predominant.

PS: NOTHIN' TO LOSE (demo) is very OLA - I'm In Love XD

Axel

This song is really good. I wish it had more drive in the chorus but overall this is one of the most professional songs I heard here lately on the forum. The melodies could maybe be a little more imaginative, but who are we to complain as long as we don't deliver anything remotely this good. :)

keep up the great work!

Voodoo

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

nznexus

chorus needs to be stronger.

more elements.

more instruments..

id stack vocals like crazy if u know..

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

also i would change the lifeguard baby into somethig other lyrically
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.