• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Time Machine - New Song by me

Started by Dominik, January 16, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominik

Hey Folks!

i wanted to share a new song I did with you guys. Its not finished yet but
you get the idea!
Would appreciate any critics or comment.

You think the verses are too complicated??

Cheers,

https://soundcloud.com/flofo/time-machine-demo

j.fco.morales

The verses are not complicated, it's well crafted.
It reminds me of Unconditionally by Katy Perry.

Two suggestions: add a B-section in the chorus, after the 1:02 and then go back to the main melody "please somebody, etc". That would make the chorus melody less repetitive.
It's an effective trick. I don't know if I explained it right, hope you get the point of what I say.

Second suggestion: have you tried the song acoustically (piano/guitar + voice)? A less plastic arrangement would make the songs less poppy and would add more character.

Dominik

thanks for your words and thoughts!

Yes, I know exactly what you mean with the B-Line. Think I try one out for that. Good to hear
a second outstanding opinion...

No, I havent tried it acoustically. Does it sound too generic though??

j.fco.morales

To me, a little bit.
Acoustic sounding instruments never get old and always sound good.

Listen to Rixton's Hotel Ceiling, that's a good reference sonically. It's a slower one, but it's the typical guitar+piano+layered drums and synths.

Edit: to play the songs "stripped" help A LOT building musical arrangements.

maxmartin'sfan

I love it Dominik !!!
Great Job !!

your vocals are much better than before!

mxmcarl

Quote from: j.fco.morales on January 16, 2015, 04:30:18 PM
The verses are not complicated, it's well crafted.
It reminds me of Unconditionally by Katy Perry.

Two suggestions: add a B-section in the chorus, after the 1:02 and then go back to the main melody "please somebody, etc". That would make the chorus melody less repetitive.
It's an effective trick. I don't know if I explained it right, hope you get the point of what I say.

Second suggestion: have you tried the song acoustically (piano/guitar + voice)? A less plastic arrangement would make the songs less poppy and would add more character.

First off, quite good Dominik! I like the overall production, with some more mixing and perhaps a stronger chorus you'll have something! Try to make the song "hit" more when the chorus starts.

Secondly, Morales, Why would he wan't the song to sound less poppy? This was posted in the Cheiron message board for a reason (it's a pop song), not the "boring acoustic songs" message board. I don't agree with either of your points, stripping a song down only helps you to notice if the song itself is a good enough song. I say add more stuff! Keep going until you've added too much then remove some layers until the mix sounds good.

Btw great job recording the vocals!

j.fco.morales

Quote from: mxmcarl on January 17, 2015, 04:46:52 PM
First off, quite good Dominik! I like the overall production, with some more mixing and perhaps a stronger chorus you'll have something! Try to make the song "hit" more when the chorus starts.

Secondly, Morales, Why would he wan't the song to sound less poppy? This was posted in the Cheiron message board for a reason (it's a pop song), not the "boring acoustic songs" message board. I don't agree with either of your points, stripping a song down only helps you to notice if the song itself is a good enough song. I say add more stuff! Keep going until you've added too much then remove some layers until the mix sounds good.

Btw great job recording the vocals!

Because we have different approaches to the arrangement: that's it.
And it's OK.

Dominik

I think in the end this is maybe just a matter of personal taste.
an Electro Pop Intrumental is suitable for that kind of song in my opinion.

My plan is to keep it that way but to pimp up the mix
and Chorus Hook with that B-Line

Get you the end result soon! ;)

thanks

j.fco.morales

Hope you get the song done right, Dominik.

I'm glad you considered my suggestion :)