• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Carolina Liar Chart Update and Question ?

Started by davpet, July 28, 2008, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davpet

"I'm Not Over" by Carolina Liar is No.10 on the Billboard Modern Rock chart.

Is this the first song produced by Max to enter the Top 10 of a rock chart ?

*Sabine*

Rebecca

That's great!

I have no idea if it's the only one.

I wonder if Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" made it to the Top 10, that might of.

davpet

Quote from: Rebecca on July 28, 2008, 11:33:23 PM
I wonder if Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" made it to the Top 10, that might of.

This site shows it didn't chart on the rock charts :

http://wm08.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:hifexqw5ldde~T51C

(www.allmusic.com is a great resource by the way).

Rock stations won't touch a band if they think they've become to mainstream/pop. Which is what i think happened to "It's My Life".

Rebecca

Yes, you are right with Bon Jovi being mainstream/pop, just thought that there might have been a chance there.

I thought Daughtry might have also made the Rock Chart, but he is too mainstream as well.

wow, allmusic is a great resource, that will come in very handy for me as I'm still compiling "Max Martin's Strike Rate" which I will get back to!

*Sabine*

thx for doing that Rebecca, it should come out really interesting! i bet you'll find a rate above 50! hehe

Rebecca

I just found that Prime Sth's "I'm Stupid (Don't Worry About Me) made it to No.27 on the Billboard Modern Rock Chart, though not as good as Carolina Liar's No.10.

Raul_esp

does someone know something about the bonus track : best friends girl ??

Rebecca

I don't know where Best Friends Girl is!

I think there may be a bonus track in the US itunes version, but I can't buy there.

Has anyone heard Best Friends Girl?

Alex Martin

This is the new song best friend's girl.

It's a live concert and the audio is average but the song is good.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=iRH68OU_KVM

*Sabine*

Thanks Alex, I don't like the song though, did Max write it?

Raul_esp

Quote from: Alex Martin on November 28, 2008, 01:40:59 PM
This is the new song best friend's girl.

It's a live concert and the audio is average but the song is good.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=iRH68OU_KVM

the song has good melodies , but I dont like the live music , I need listen the HQ song  .

Alex Martin

Yes,i think in HQ this song is great!!!!!!

Rebecca

good song! so glad to have finally heard it. if they're playing it live, I hope it means it will be released as a b-side