• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Someone who sat in with Max..

Started by Scott Martin :), October 30, 2008, 11:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Hi guys, I thought you might like this snippet, its from a forum for music gear that I belong to. Anyway, someone started a thread about Max, and one of the posters has actually sat in on a session with him;

I was lucky to sit in on a session with Max Martin a few months back.

He's very open to suggestions and inputs. He even took input from me even though I'm coming from basically nowhere. (got good references though...e) The atmosphere in the studio is very relaxed and nobody's afraid to speak up.

He says it's all about "killing your darlings" - and he really does that all the time. He came back after lunch saying "I've had a vision! This is what we're gonna do.." One hour later that idea was killed and forgotten. This way of thinking definitely has helped my songwriting and production skills.

On rock songs his suggestion is apparently to keep the track count low. Really low. Forget your guitar dubs. Listen to the song he did with Pink, Who Knew. Few guitars carry the song. But work your friend off on these few tracks.

I don't know where the programmed drums in the verse of Since U Been Gone came from, someone said off the Hip-Hop expansion card to Roland XV series. Could be true, that card has some great patches. But the point is, he's using the same stuff as the rest of us ...

Personally, I think that some of the Swedish success is coming from the no-bullshit no-ego attitude. Both in and out of the studio. That plus that we're pathological perfectionists. It's true, all the good producers I know seem to be exactly that. It's a don't leave the studio until you're done attitude.

The thread is here; http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/49113-max-martin.html

Bec, your site gets a mention.  ;)  A few others have also hired the same session musicians in Stockholm as Max too.

Cheers,

Scott.

*Sabine*

Wow! The threads on this site are very nice! It's really cool to see people are also talking about Max on other sites. Some people mentioned they talked to the ex Cheiron guys and asked them for advice. They are said to be very nice and helpful! :)
Thanks for these nice info Scott!

Rebecca

Thanks Scott

I love reading anything about what people think about Max, he is amazing

I love what the person who sat in with him said, the "I had a vision!..". Max sounds so enthusiastic!

good to read what other songwriters think.

You're welcome guys. yes I think it shows Max to be a very down to earth and pleasant person. Particulary taking the time to listen to the 'new guy'

Cheers,

Scott.

Feelgoodlies

That guy has had the chance of a lifetime, I meanOh Gosh sitting with Max and just watching him how he does songs, pinch me!

Thanks Scott.

*Sabine*

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on October 30, 2008, 01:13:30 PM
That guy has had the chance of a lifetime, I meanOh Gosh sitting with Max and just watching him how he does songs, pinch me!

Thanks Scott.

Ah yes, such a dream! Just imagine yourself in the studio next to him...  ;D

Raul_esp

very interesting !! , everybody say good things about max!! , the most important  thing for me of max is that he is a great perfeccionist , he dont leave to work until the song is perfect!! max simply is amazing , I have never seen a person so talented .

Alex Martin

Quote from: Alex Martin on October 30, 2008, 08:33:24 PM
Our forum is better ;D
Lol. :)

Some of the members of that forum own established studios in Stockholm. They use the same session musicians as Maratone. One guy said there is a Swedish girl who sounds like Britney Spears and sings on a lot of the demos that Max does.

Alex Martin

Guy

Hehe Lol. In all seriousness, as a professional musician, Gearslutz is a great place to research equipment, ask questions about gear and so on.

But what I love about this forum, is that you guys are here simply for the love of great songs. In a way, thats much more pure.  ;)

Rebecca

Thanks Scott!

This place is much better of course!

georg_e

I think it's also very cool how people are friendly and respectful of each other's opinions on here, and respond with humor even if they disagree.  That makes it always a real pleasure to read this forum, as it's positive....and music is a positive thing, after all!