• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

This is what Max considered 'Song of the Year' in 2006..

Started by Scott Martin :), February 05, 2009, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Anyone heard the song 'No Promises'? Its been recorded by both Shane Ward and Bryan Rice.

There was a discussion about Max Martin in another forum I belong to, one of the songwriters of 'No Promises' said this:

"I made what Max Martin considered the best song of 2006 , talk about being extremely flattered  ;D "

When I asked if he had met Max he replied:

"Yes I meet him once at an MTV award show, and thats where he told that he thought it was the best song that year IHO, that pretty much made my day  :)"

He also said this about the writing of the song:

"Actually the chorus was meant to be the verse, but we (my partner in crime and me) could not find a chorus being worthy, so we looked into re-arranging the song and wrote a new verse. I instantly feel in love with the new verse, and that's why the two verses are identical, it just worked so damn well :)

Prior to "No Promises" we did anything BUT write songs, for half a year we were totally consumed with online gaming, but one day we somehow decided to sit down and write a damn song.. (guess it was a good day and a good decision..  ;D
I estimate we used about 20-30 minutes to come up with a the basic parts of the song.
"

Bryan Rice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVSCCPX3tgA
Shane Ward - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8T3RFb58hg&feature=related

Rebecca

wow, that's really interesting Scott, I have always wondered what music Max loves. "No Promises" is a great song, I love it too. It is quite a Cheiron sounding song too.
amazing that the songwriters who wrote it didn't write songs before that.

Raul_esp

*Sabine*

Really powerful song yeah!! Bryan's version is better, better production IMO.
It is a very Max-ish melody, no wonder he likes it! I love the song!!

nshinnosuke

the chorus is amazing especially during the near end of the song but I don't really like the verses and the first chorus

Rebecca

Quote from: *Sabine* on February 05, 2009, 07:09:23 PM
Really powerful song yeah!! Bryan's version is better, better production IMO.
It is a very Max-ish melody, no wonder he likes it! I love the song!!

yes, really funny that it's such a Max-ish melody, but I suppose it makes sense that he loves the songs similar sounding to what he writes.

Alex Martin

Ok but why max if you like no promises and for you was song of the year 2006 don't write a song with similar sonority?

Feelgoodlies

I fell in love with this song the moment I saw it on TV, which is the Shayne version, I thought it was really awesome, the song was really successful over here, I remember it was everybody's ringtone.

BTW the song is WAYS better than Max's song "If That's OK with You".

*Sabine*

Rebecca

I prefer Shayne's version, but maybe because it's the one I'm most familiar with.

Raul_esp

mmm , I dont know I love both versions but maybe shayne  version is more perfect.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: *Sabine* on February 09, 2009, 10:05:03 AM
Do you prefer Bryan's or Shayne's version guys?
Me, defintely Shayne, although I guess he one of the worst vocalists out there.

Alex Martin