• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

This is what Max considered 'Song of the Year' in 2006..

Started by Scott Martin :), February 05, 2009, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Hi Guys, I like Shanes version for the more modern production, but I think Bryan is a better singer.

In Shane's version, you can hear the auto-tune on his voice. Its all over the place.  :)

*Sabine*

Exactly. Bryan's voice is better of course but also the music is. I didn't really consider Shayne is more famous and already has other songs we like...

Poptasticuk

Actually, they had made music before - or at least Lucas Sieber had. According to ASCAP, he wrote 4 of Daze's songs, including the hits Superhero and Toy Boy. I just checked Wikipedia, and actually he was a member of the band. Quite different to No Promises, but fun pop music all the same.

*Sabine*

Very interesting info thanks, gotta check those songs.
Welcome to the forum by the way!   ;)

Rebecca

oh, that is interesting, thanks! I love to read all these little details people find.

Poptasticuk

Yes, me too! I waste so much time scouring sites like ASCAP, Allmusic and Wikipedia to find such interesting snippets. It's a bit of an obsession, but it's so exciting when you discover really surprising links, such as this one between Daze and Shayne Ward. Who would think they'd be connected? At the moment I am doing research for a feature for my blog where I am going to write factfiles on each of my favourite songwriters, and I'm trying to get some interviews arranged with them too. I will let you know if I get any good ones!

Rebecca

yes, me too, ASCAP!
ooh, I like the sound of that feature Jessica, I hope you can interview some great songwriters. Songwriters are so rarely interviewed.

Quote from: Poptasticuk on April 03, 2009, 05:48:30 PM
At the moment I am doing research for a feature for my blog where I am going to write factfiles on each of my favourite songwriters, and I'm trying to get some interviews arranged with them too. I will let you know if I get any good ones!

Please persist with this, I think it would make great reading!

Cheers,

Scott.

Poptasticuk

I will try my best! I have a lot of work to do right now cos I'm in the last few months of my bachelor degree, but I will contact some people and see if I can start the feature soon. If I cannot get to interview the songwriters themselves (some are very private and hard to contact), I might try to find an artist or technician who has worked with the writer and ask them what it was like.

klukan

Quote from: Rebecca on February 05, 2009, 11:36:11 AM
wow, that's really interesting Scott, I have always wondered what music Max loves. "No Promises" is a great song, I love it too. It is quite a Cheiron sounding song too.
amazing that the songwriters who wrote it didn't write songs before that.

Sorry to say, but it's certainly not true. I personally know some of the songwriters of this song and they are top-songwriters from DK with a lot of international experience...

Quote from: klukan on April 18, 2009, 01:30:59 PM
Quote from: Rebecca on February 05, 2009, 11:36:11 AM
wow, that's really interesting Scott, I have always wondered what music Max loves. "No Promises" is a great song, I love it too. It is quite a Cheiron sounding song too.
amazing that the songwriters who wrote it didn't write songs before that.

Sorry to say, but it's certainly not true. I personally know some of the songwriters of this song and they are top-songwriters from DK with a lot of international experience...

Hi Klukan, what exactly are you saying is not true?

I spoke to Lucas Sieber, and he told the story of Max loving his song, and saying what he said.

klukan

No I'm just saying that it ain't true that they haven't been writing songs before that one