• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin as mentor on Tonos.com

Started by klukan, February 18, 2009, 10:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klukan

Hey..
I was wondering if any of you guys followed the website tonos.com when Max Martin was a mentor there? I would love to see what he wrote in there so if anyone has stored or can remember anything from tonos, please post it here! :)
The only thing I know about tonos is that it was some kind of internet community for producers and songwriters. The site had a bunch of mentors who participated in the community's discussions and wrote tips and tricks for the users as far as I know. Max was one of these mentors.

Rebecca

Hi Klukan

I never went on it, but I do have a Q & A with Max from it, that I took from Linda's old site (LJ here)

http://www.maxmartinfansite.com/Tonos.htm

I do remember that we have spoken about Tonos here but just can't find the thread at the moment, I'll have another look.

*Sabine*

Hi Klukan, welcome back to the forum!
Yes I remember we already talked about Max being a mentor on Tonos, I'll try to find the thread for you.
By the way, do you have these 2 instrumental demos of Max?

klukan

WOW! Those questions and answers were VERY interesting :)
Especially, because I think it's so hard to find any "real" information about Max Martin.. but that is also one of the things that makes him so mysterious..

Thanks for noticing about the other thread. I have seen it, yes, but I'm not sure that I've heard both of the demo tracks because zshare apparently doesn't work for me.. :( I've got one of them, though. But I can see that another user just requested a new dl link..

Thanks again for the great information!
Of course, if anyone of you guys have got more insider information; it is greatly appreciated! ;)

klukan

Btw, I have this great article from a Danish newspaper about the Danish A&R Martin Dodd. Unfortunately, it is in Danish. :(
If you think "who the f**k is Martin Dodd", I can tell you that he's an A&R who discovered Denniz Pop/Max Martin and Cheiron in general and he was the guy who established the contact between Cheiron and Britney, BSB, Nsync etc. So he was deeply involved in the early Cheiron productions and the whole Britney "concept" etc.
Maybe I can translate it for you one day when I'm VERY bored but for now I'll just translate a couple of paragraphs.

"...So we started out with the Backstreet Boys, whom we didn't really knew
what to do with at that time. I brought them to Sweden and started making records with them because of that. I had already started a production company with Denniz Pop, who had earlier made Ace Of Base for me, and so I just went over to him and we started recording. Here, we made the first Backstreet album in three weeks."

"The Hit Factory.
The production company was named Cheiron and in addition to the Swedish pop producer Denniz Pop, a young, Swedish rock singer called Max Martin was on the staff as a songwriter and producer.
He had for a number of years been a trainee in the Pops studio in Stockholm where they had written a whole bunch of pop songs.
It turned out that Max Martin had a rare ability to produce hits."

"[...]We had this song called '...Baby One More Time', which we redid a lot of times.
Suddenly, Britney was there. She had been a part of the TV show Mickey Mouse Club and she came to our place in New York and made a showcase for us which was pretty cool. So we recorded this song [BOMT] as the first song but before that we spent 11 months working on the promotion of the record. In this period of time she performed in every shopping centre you can imagine."

"[...]It was a really great time. Mostly, because it was this Boys' Club with me, Max Martin and Denniz, who unfortunately died of cancer some years ago. When these boybands became big it was funny to record with thousands of screaming kids outside the studio. It was great fun. But also kind of... sober."

That's it for now, sorry ;)

If you wanna see the article it's here: http://politiken.dk/kultur/article631192.ece

Raul_esp

Rebecca

Thanks Klukan! I've heard the name Martin Dodd but didn't know exactly who he was.

Alex Martin

*Sabine*

Wow very insteresting! I hope you get bored soon and translaste all the rest!  :D