• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Interview with Max by Popjustice

Started by PG, April 28, 2009, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

I nearly fell over when I saw this:  Popjustice has a long interview with Max posted here:

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3631&Itemid=266

I'm going to go read it right now--I think it's centered around Carolina Liar but he talks about other things, too.

georg_e

;D
Quote from: PG on April 28, 2009, 04:10:37 PM
I nearly fell over when I saw this:  Popjustice has a long interview with Max posted here:

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3631&Itemid=266

I'm going to go read it right now--I think it's centered around Carolina Liar but he talks about other things, too.
A gift from heaven --  Thnxxxx!!!

Raul_esp

woww , thanks!!, it is really interesting! , Max is very humilde , I love this sentence :

a lot of the stuff that was once considered rubbish or 'for kids' is now considered classic and people get knighted for their involvement in it. Pop music is always about NOW.

*Sabine*

Great find PG!! Gonna read it now!  ;D

Linda

*Sabine*

This interview is really good! I like the way Max puts it when he says that he doesn't think business when he writes a song and that his tastes happens to be the same ones as the radios'. And also that "songwriting is 99% about confidence", I so agree.

Feelgoodlies

Thanks for the interview, I liked it, there should've been more questions, I mean like the controvery of F.U.C.K Me, his favourite song at the moment, who is he working with in the up coming days, how was it when he did meet Britney after these years?, why did he turn BSB down on their last CD etc.
And lol@ the Amy Winehouse mentions, I mean come on, her voice  and music don't fit Max AT ALL.

Linda

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on April 29, 2009, 07:09:52 PM
Thanks for the interview, I liked it, there should've been more questions, I mean like the controvery of F.U.C.K Me, his favourite song at the moment, who is he working with in the up coming days, how was it when he did meet Britney after these years?, why did he turn BSB down on their last CD etc.

thats exactly what i would of asked him lol

Rebecca

wow, an interview, so rare! thanks PG.
Max sounds so nice.

I would have loved to hear more questions too, but it's great to have any interview.

klukan

As always it's incredibly interesting when Max Martin speaks.
Thanks for sharing the interview!
I'd wish he would do more interviews but remember this is also the reason why he is so mysterious compared to other songwriters and producers who often speak in public

Poptasticuk

I wonder if Peter (the blogger of Popjustice) was told to only ask about certain things because I know him quite well myself and he would definitely want to ask some more juicy questions than he actually did. Usually Popjustice interviews are very cheeky but I got the impression that he was holding back a bit, maybe just out of reverence for Max, but maybe he was told to do so. He attempted some humour at the end but Max didn't really go along with it. It seemed clear to me that Max didn't really want to do an interview but to get Popjustice readers interested in a band like Carolina Liar it was necessary to show that Max was involved. They must be really hoping for big things for CL in the UK if they have persuaded Max to do an interview, so that's exciting news for me because I'm a big fan. I really hope I'll be able to see them live very soon!

PG

Quote from: Poptasticuk on May 04, 2009, 12:43:45 AM
I wonder if Peter (the blogger of Popjustice) was told to only ask about certain things because I know him quite well myself and he would definitely want to ask some more juicy questions than he actually did. Usually Popjustice interviews are very cheeky but I got the impression that he was holding back a bit, maybe just out of reverence for Max, but maybe he was told to do so. He attempted some humour at the end but Max didn't really go along with it. It seemed clear to me that Max didn't really want to do an interview but to get Popjustice readers interested in a band like Carolina Liar it was necessary to show that Max was involved. They must be really hoping for big things for CL in the UK if they have persuaded Max to do an interview, so that's exciting news for me because I'm a big fan. I really hope I'll be able to see them live very soon!

It wouldn't be surprising to learn that there were limitations put on what he could ask/"guidelines" for what he was supposed to talk about.  I agree, too, that the interview's main purpose seems like it was to generate publicity to help promote Carolina Liar.  I know Peter said on Twitter something along the lines of him "forgetting to ask any good questions" and later that the interview was basically just him going "OMG you're AMAZING," so it's possible that, much as he's an amazing journalist with loads of experience and a lot of wit, he did get just a bit starstruck.  Even that said, though, it may be not a totally "Popjustice" interview--that cheekiness you mentioned isn't as present as usual--but he did a good job.

Rebecca

I was thinking the same thing that there may have been some limitations with what he was allowed to ask. I would have loved to hear the story of why Rami left Maratone. Though I can understand the interviewer being starstruck! However, it was such a great interview, I have read it over quite a few times. Max is so keen to talk about Carolina Liar, I hope he gives more interviews about them.

*Sabine*

Yes there were definitely limitations, I really got this impression when I read it. But considering Max hadn't done any interview since 2001, it's still a GREAT thing he did an interview at all. Indeed he hates media and PR, I really agree with you that he did that only to help CL. I hope it reaches its purpose!

gm33

Wow, wow, wow! A Max Martin interview. I treasure these rare gems as much as a new Cheiron song!

He's seems like such a nice guy, and it's interesting to read that he's really in it because he likes music and not to make money. I would absolutely love to meet him. I would LOVE to co-write a song with him (it seems he likes that sort of thing). 

There is so much to write about him and to ask him. I would love to read a biography -- someone should write one!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012