• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Thoughts on Gangnam Style successor

Started by Axel, April 19, 2013, 09:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

I gotta do this. :)

what are your thoughts on Gentleman, the new single by Psy? I was having high hopes for it and was majorly disappointed by it as it's pretty much identical to Gangnam Style. BUT, I simply looooooove the video. There are a couple of fantastic shots in it, like that row of spotlights behind Psy's dancing team in the dark hall. Looks so bloody awesome.

It will probably do well in the charts again, even though not as big as Gangam Style obviously. And then I guess it will be REALLY tough for him to score anything with a third single.

And with these words I'm closing my weather forecast... next up: the lottery numbers of next weekend.

B Steady

Quote from: Axel on April 19, 2013, 09:10:37 AM[...] and was majorly disappointed by it as it's pretty much identical to Gangnam Style. BUT, I simply looooooove the video. There are a couple of fantastic shots in it, like that row of spotlights behind Psy's dancing team in the dark hall. Looks so bloody awesome.

It will probably do well in the charts again, even though not as big as Gangam Style obviously. And then I guess it will be REALLY tough for him to score anything with a third single.

Agreed!! The video is fantastic, I really like it! Thereby I like the song more, but it's not worthy of a purchase :P
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

I know I've mentioned in another thread my confusion over the popularity of "Gangnam Style". Axel explained about the dance, and the video going viral, so it makes more sense to me now. But if those elements are what made the song the hit it was, then surely Psy will only be able to hold that level of success by continuing to build on his crazy videos and dance moves until no-one cares anymore... because I'm not sure the music alone has much to offer. At least not until K-Pop really starts dominating world charts. To me, "Gentleman" is no better or worse than "Gangnam", I think both songs, minus their videos, are much of a muchness.

nznexus

i seriusly like it, i mean this is really different...

so he is being different.. and talking about how many views he got on youtube in 3 days ... 100 million

i like his track gentleman, of course its very catchy but thats what makes it so terrible about it.

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Rebecca

It's not as good as Gangham Style, but the video is great.

Linda