• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ghost Town - Kom Kom Kom (Plagiarism?)

Started by Polarmachine, July 07, 2015, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polarmachine

The guitarist in the swedish band Solen says they just laughed when they heard Adam Lambertz new single Ghost Town.

(google translate)

A melancholy guitar part begin the Swedish indie pop band Solen's song "Come come come".
A very familiar guitar part with similar phrasing and melody begins American Adam Lambert's "Ghost Town".
"The songs are Fucking similar"
The resemblance is striking, says Solen's guitarist Gustav Karlsson:
- We laughed when we heard it. The guitars phrase in the same way ... Though Erik says that his song is better, says the musician to Nöjesbladet.

Grammy-nominated The solar let spun on radio from September 2014. In the same year was American Adam Lambert in Sweden, to write and record "ghost town".
Lambert wrote the song with the Swedes Max Martin and Tobias Karlsson. An interesting coincidence, says Gustav Karlsson.
- It may well be that [Max Martin] has listened. It could well be plagiarism. But we are not exactly upset. I do not know if we should be.

The guitarist think, however, that it is right that the record company will take a more orderly look to the songs:
- That they may well do if they want to. It's flattering if [the writers] have listened, and if it is a plagiarism - well, then it just becomes a profit.

On the Swedish Playground Music taken the issue seriously. Publishers manager John Jackson Cloud brings together right now information STIM to assess. He thinks it smacks of plagiarism.
- You know: this is plagiarism. It is purely the melody is exactly the same in my ears. One might think that it's a bit too much coincidence to be true. But there is a system for how to handle this, says Cloud.

STIM's task will be to compare "ghost town" with "Kom kom kom", and notify Playground whether there is a case.
If yes, the Swedish publisher should try to reach an agreement with the publisher behind Lambert song.
- No one wants to get nasty from the beginning ... If we do not agree, we take the next step. And then it will be lawyers and such bad things, says John Jackson Cloud.

If it turns out that the writers have been a little too much inspired of SOLEN, Gustav Karlsson hopes on a nice gesture.
- Max Martin can buy lunch at Riche or something in that case. And Adam Lambert, too, for that matter, says guitarist with a laugh.

Adam Lambert's Swedish representative at Warner Music greet that they do not want to comment. Nöjesbladet seeking the Swedish songwriters.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/article21056838.ab

I definitely think either Tobias Karlsson or Max have heard this song. What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpgzD5xsMU8

B Steady

haha of course no musician, especially no Swedish musician, wants beef with Max Martin! :D

yeah, it's very similar but there's still a chance it's not copied.

btw the original reminds me of El Condor El Pasa.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I mean, there are no more chords or different progressions...

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 07, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
I mean, there are no more chords or different progressions...

yeah but in this case it's also the melody and it's suspicious that the songs have the same chord progression and melody (if I remember it right :-X)
Vila i frid Dag

Jules

Y'all know that Sterling Fox wrote "Ghost Town", right?

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Jules

That may be, but that wasn't what I was saying.
The article screams "MAX MARTIN STOLE THAT SONG". Which, if it was the case, wouldn't be the case. lol
Cause Sterling wrote it, so he would be the one who got inspired by the Solen song.

Which IMHO doesn't sound too much alike.

B Steady

Quote from: Jules on July 07, 2015, 08:31:13 PM
That may be, but that wasn't what I was saying.
The article screams "MAX MARTIN STOLE THAT SONG". Which, if it was the case, wouldn't be the case. lol
Cause Sterling wrote it, so he would be the one who got inspired by the Solen song.

Which IMHO doesn't sound too much alike.

I wasn't referring to your post so stop double posting.
besides that GT was written by 4 guys.
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

The guitar part is nearly identical and so is the melody, including the repeat after the first phrase. If you had ONE of those two elements like that you might say coincidence. But both the same? No way it's by chance. Since they're both in same key it's GLARINGLY obvious.

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on July 07, 2015, 10:05:09 PM
I wasn't referring to your post so stop double posting.
besides that GT was written by 4 guys.

Yo momma stops double posting. lol
Sterling wrote it and brought it in.  ::)

Jules

Btw, did I mention Sterling Fox was the one who wrote the track?  ::)

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on July 07, 2015, 10:05:33 PM
The guitar part is nearly identical and so is the melody, including the repeat after the first phrase. If you had ONE of those two elements like that you might say coincidence. But both the same? No way it's by chance. Since they're both in same key it's GLARINGLY obvious.
actually my opinion but still I don't wanna ascribe it to Max & Co.
Vila i frid Dag

sonnyblack2000

For sure someone on the team heard the Solen song and it stuck in their subconscious and used it while coming up with Ghostown. All unintentional, should be an easy fix with a new writer split with Solen.

j.fco.morales

I mean, if we start talking about the rhythm and melody, it makes sense that both songs sound alike.
They sound a bit alike, but man... it's not enough to call it plagiarism.

And to me, copying is flattering.

ShockdioN

well...they did the same with Pinks song "boring" but none of you know where it is from..I kept saying the melody is from another song..

And this isnt really Max Martin thing to do..

Adam Lambert was actually working on the album between 2014 January-april in Stockholm.
I met adam last year in March in Stockholm..

and the "kom kom kom" song came out september 2014...