• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Marion Raven - Here i am

Started by Vanth, January 11, 2008, 04:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

hello!! welcome to the forums georg_e!

yes I agree ''here I am'' and behind these hazel eyes have the same melody , I love both songs , max is a genius .

your song is pretty cool , you are a great songwritter!  ;)

*Sabine*

Quote from: georg_e on October 20, 2008, 05:38:10 PM

Hi,

My first post -- love this forum and have learned alot from it!

I noticed something interesting about this song "Here I Am" that really struck me right away -- the melody of the title phrase "Here I Am"  is the exact same melody of beginning of chorus of "Behind These Hazel Eyes".  Not sure which song written first, but somehow I think Max may have really like that phrase and worked it in to both songs. (Which I find really cool -- even the classic composers, Beethoven, etc, "recycled' their best ideas, and to me it helps build the style of the composer).

I'm a songwriter/musician in New York, trying to break in and get my songs placed with artists.  Just put a new song demo ("Summertime Crush") on my MySpace, and any comments/feedback would be appreciated. Thnxx!

www.myspace.com/brightredsongs

Best,

George Cotten

Welcome buddy! :D
I really love the song on your myspace space, seriously! Congrats! The singer is not good though...
Yes I already noticed that similarity about the songs. This hook is very strong, he was right to use it twice!

Feelgoodlies

Hello George, and welcome to the forum, you can introduce yourself here

About your song, I just thought it sounded a bit like "Be My Baby" a song has been sung by a Swedish singer called "Amy Diamond", and I totally agree with Sabine, the singer isn't good, anyways a good start though ;), but personally I prefer UPTEMPO CRAZY BEATS ;D

Rebecca

I had never thought about the similarity of Here I Am to Behind These Hazel Eyes! I'm listening to them both now!

Welcome George, I listened to your song, it is very good, good luck with your songwriting!

georg_e

Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone for your replies, and I really appreciate your taking the time to listen to my song and for your feedback. Also very glad everyone checked out that "Here I Am" melody phrase -- I really get a kick out of finding thngs like that!  (Especially interesting in this case, since "Behind These Hazel Eyes" was such a huge song of Max's). 

turnaround

She is back.

New song "Flesh and bone"

http://ren-is-a-mess.tumblr.com/post/1102735738/marion-raven-flesh-and-bone-its-ok-ren

She seems to be signed by a smaller label now after the big breakthrough didn't happen.
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on September 19, 2010, 09:51:20 PM
She is back.

New song "Flesh and bone"

http://ren-is-a-mess.tumblr.com/post/1102735738/marion-raven-flesh-and-bone-its-ok-ren

She seems to be signed by a smaller label now after the big breakthrough didn't happen.

The song is great! , I love it.

Unexpected

I have the song for about a week now, and it's AMAZING!

Rebecca

Great song, I'm glad Marion's back.

sforzando

Great song! Marion voice changes a bit but it makes she sound rockier! :D