• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Larger Than Life - album vs. single version!

Started by B Steady, May 07, 2013, 11:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Which version do you prefer?

Mix-wise I definitely prefer the album version because it sounds absolutely up to date whereas the single mix sounds a bit squishy and more like a record from the earlier 90s. also the snare sounds better in the album version.

Arrangement-wise I prefer the album version too but only until Nick's part begins! From that moment the single version arrangement is a lot better than the album version in my book, way more details! I really like that single bass note (is this a slap bass? not sure about it) which is used as an additional rhythm element. I also love the pad that is in the background of Brian's part in the 2nd verse ... and then the bridge ... <3 ... the new sounds are so brilliant, sound-wise as well as position-wise, simply perfect.

all in all I prefer the single version! :)
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

i find it a little bit strange and unusual that a song like this, which is dated and unstylish , still gets attention many years after..

I love and enjoy this song.

i prefer the mix version actually
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Quote from: nznexus on May 07, 2013, 11:52:54 PM
i find it a little bit strange and unusual that a song like this, which is dated and unstylish , still gets attention many years after..

I love and enjoy this song.

well, we are at the cheiron songwriters forum ...

so why do you "love and enjoy" this song even though it's "dated and unstylish"? ;) apart from that your post doesn't really refer to the subject.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

I Prefer the album version because it's sounds most timeless.

Joshua

I pretty much agree with B. I remember being initially disappointed with the mix of the "video version" when I first heard it. It just didn't sound nearly as clean, almost over compressed/limited or something... but I got used to it. Production wise I think it has some great elements though that make up for it. The music pause in Nick's verse became one of my favourite parts of the song, so much so that I was disappointed that the instrumental on the single was the album version (my friend and I performed to it in the days of our thinking we were an awesome boyband). Overall I think the energy in the remix is a notch or two above the album version, which is probably down to the mix of the guitars and drums. If we're talking the actual video clip version without the guitar instrumental, I don't like that version as much, the dance break just goes on a bit too long without doing much.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on May 08, 2013, 10:44:02 AM
I pretty much agree with B. I remember being initially disappointed with the mix of the "video version" when I first heard it. It just didn't sound nearly as clean, almost over compressed/limited or something... but I got used to it. Production wise I think it has some great elements though that make up for it. The music pause in Nick's verse became one of my favourite parts of the song, so much so that I was disappointed that the instrumental on the single was the album version (my friend and I performed to it in the days of our thinking we were an awesome boyband). Overall I think the energy in the remix is a notch or two above the album version, which is probably down to the mix of the guitars and drums. If we're talking the actual video clip version without the guitar instrumental, I don't like that version as much, the dance break just goes on a bit too long without doing much.

yeah, the music pause is absolutely fantastic!
I bought the single few days ago only to have the Max/Rami edit :D although the 2nd track is named as the instrumental of the video mix, it's the instrumental of the album mix but I prefer this instrumental because of its brightness! the details of the single version only work with the vocals in my opinion.
and no, I meant the single version, therefore I changed the subject title :)
Vila i frid Dag