• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Linda Perry

Started by secski, August 13, 2008, 02:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secski

Well, as an offshoot of another thread, i wanted to know if any of you guys had heard of linda perry's current projects?

She is the producer/songwriter behind artists like pink and christina aguilera.

I remember she said wrote beautiful as her comeback single and was initially hesitant to give it to christina, but when she heard christina sing it, she just had to. She sung it herself on a tv show (should be on youtube) but not as well as christina obviously.

secski

yeah i like stripped better than the candyman album altho save me from myself and hurt are great songs!

*Sabine*

Wow, I had never heard of Linda Perry and I must say she had an impressive amount of hits. But i'm not so touched by her music, anyways I recognize she has so much talent.

secski

haha, yeah she has more talent in her little finger than i have in my whole body! :)

Tiiger

"What's Up" is a classic, great song.
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Scott Martin :)

What I know of Linda Perry in recent years, is that she more or less discovered James Blunt. She signed him to her own record label.

She IS very talented.  ;)

Rebecca

oh yes, I'd forgotten that Linda discovered James Blunt.

I agree she's talented, I like Pink's "Get The Party Started"
but I agree with Sabine, Linda's songs don't touch me either. They're good, but I don't feel like listening to them. I would call her "sufficient"!!
Even the song "Beautiful" didn't really do it for me.

*Sabine*

Linda Perry sufficient! :D Ahaha, yes Reb! :P
She sure is very talented and knows how to make hits but I've never been in love at first...listen with any of her songs. Max sure knows how to hit me!! :D :D

Cool info for James Blunt, didn't have a clue.

Feelgoodlies

This hasn't been menitioned here, do you know that she is the producer of Christina Aguilera's new song Keeps Getting Better?

I love that song!

*Sabine*

Yes, i saw that the other day! That shows once again how Linda is brilliant. Between, what do you think of this song Keeps Getting Better guys? Here, I think it's really catchy and as people can't stop to compare with Britney, well I also think it's somewhat better (melody speaking) than Womanizer. But of course I prefer Britney in the end! :P Huh is that clear? ;)

Rebecca

I would never have guessed that Linda wrote Keeps Getting Better. I'm so glad Christina has ditched that style of song from her last album, I was so sick of it. I like Keeps Getting Better but still prefer Womanizer.

Unexpected

Keeps getting better is amazing song , at some point I think it's better than Womanizer , though they are very similar

Alex Martin

Linda Perry wrote 3 songs 4 the italian x-factor winners Giusy Ferreri.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_h6gF-CEAi4

Raul_esp

Quote from: Alex Martin on November 19, 2008, 07:19:34 PM
Linda Perry wrote 3 songs 4 the italian x-factor winners Giusy Ferreri.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_h6gF-CEAi4

I liked this song

nshinnosuke

my fav is Tomorrow by Lillix,give it a listen ;)