• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max nominated as PRODUCER OF THE YEAR!

Started by Eddie Krommer, December 05, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Congratulations!   8)

It's really good to see pictures of him!

Hope there will be a video!
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Congratulations Max!

This is so exciting! I'm so pleased he won. Yes, hopefully we can see a video or at least read his speech. Such a shame it's not in the main broadcast.
But great we see lots of pictures, Max has quite a beard now.

saethor

"Most surprising was the appearance of the press-shy Max Martin, who showed up to collect his Grammy for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical, but almost left it on the podium by mistake." - RollingStone.com

"My first one," he said into the microphone upon his win, having beat out Paul Epworth, John Hill, Jay Joyce and Greg Kurstin for the award this year.
http://radio.com/2015/02/08/max-martin-grammy/

turnaround

I so want to hear his acceptance speech. Really rare that he is speaking in public.

And I liked it..

turnaround

Swedish press also write about Max:

http://www.expressen.se/noje/max-martin-fick-sin-forsta-grammy-i-natt/

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/article20286301.ab

(very old picture :D )

And here is a short video where Enrique Iglesias mentions Max and they show Max smiling :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xynci6AZ698

Love his smile:
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I knew it!

I'm so happy for this, it made my week.

gm33

Buzzfeed article!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kelleydunlap/the-man-behind-your-favorite-pop-songs-just-won-hi
"The Man Behind All Your Favorite Pop Songs Just Won His First Grammy

After nearly two decades of hits, Max Martin finally gets his due from the Recording Academy. "
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

B Steady

can't share your excitement. It was so about time, it feels way too late. It had to happen sooner or later. Fine, now he got it. it's a shame he didn't win back then in the Cheiron era.
Vila i frid Dag

sweetmelody

Somebody please post the video?  ;D

So happy for my idol...  8)

ray

Congratulations! I'm very happy for him.

I would like to see the speech.

Never seen his ascap speeches also.

rebekahELLE

Quote from: B Steady on February 09, 2015, 05:15:00 PM
can't share your excitement. It was so about time, it feels way too late. It had to happen sooner or later. Fine, now he got it. it's a shame he didn't win back then in the Cheiron era.

I know what you're saying.  There was a part of me when I saw his photos wondering if he felt happiness or a sense of relief. Probably both! Also when he was recognized by Enrique Iglesias as Producer of the Year, I wish he would have stood up.  His accomplishments are astonishing and he should be proud of his success.  I hope that the GRAMMY's can return to an awards show rather than having so many performances, quite a few of them were boring.  We want to see the winners of more than just the most popular categories.  It's not as special for all the awards that were presented across the street. 

I'm sure MM is very happy.  Hopefully he can take a 'break' and rest.  He looked tired.   Here's another article I found in the Huffington Post that's worth reading.  http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02/09/max-martin-grammy_n_6249984.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

RoyFan

Sooooooo Happy that  a good guy wins.....     I wish Kanye West would be banned from entering the ceremony forever.

I'm curious on something though - and this is pure curiosity so please just info, please no critiques of my question :-)   I think part of why he won was "Dark Horse" and another tune from "Prism" ("Unconditionally" I think?)  -  I know none of us know for sure how much he produced those 2 and how much was Luke's contribution, but I guess the logic of the "grammys" was that Max had
those extra Ariana Grande, Taylor swift projects which pushed it over the cliff for him ?

Don't get me wrong I'm aware that Max's talents are humongous both songwriting and production -  I think Luke is probably overall happy for his friend, but it would be interesting if Dr L contributed a lot to those 2 songs production wise and didn't really get anything - though I'm sure Max mentioned him in the speech probably

sweetmelody

Quote from: RoyFan on February 10, 2015, 01:16:41 AM
Sooooooo Happy that  a good guy wins.....     I wish Kanye West would be banned from entering the ceremony forever.

I'm curious on something though - and this is pure curiosity so please just info, please no critiques of my question :-)   I think part of why he won was "Dark Horse" and another tune from "Prism" ("Unconditionally" I think?)  -  I know none of us know for sure how much he produced those 2 and how much was Luke's contribution, but I guess the logic of the "grammys" was that Max had
those extra Ariana Grande, Taylor swift projects which pushed it over the cliff for him ?

Don't get me wrong I'm aware that Max's talents are humongous both songwriting and production -  I think Luke is probably overall happy for his friend, but it would be interesting if Dr L contributed a lot to those 2 songs production wise and didn't really get anything - though I'm sure Max mentioned him in the speech probably

I'm sure Max reached out and thanked guys like Luke and Shellback, or at the very least they reached out to him. The fact is that he appreciates collaboration (evident by him thanking Denniz Pop first and foremost). Max just seems like the guy to be appreciative of his collaborators.

sweetmelody

Quote from: ray on February 09, 2015, 11:44:44 PM
Congratulations! I'm very happy for him.

I would like to see the speech.

Never seen his ascap speeches also.

Would love to see those speeches as well! What I have noticed with the few speeches I have seen is that Max has a sense of humor. However, he also seemed very emotional about the Grammy win. It might be my imagination, I admit, but it seemed to me that he had tears in his eyes.

Rebecca

I love the Enrique clip and Max's shy smile. I like the article from Huffington Post too, thanks Rebekah.

We saw Max's 2011 ASCAP speech before it was pulled. I can't remember exact words but Max thanked Dr Luke for bringing him back from doing nothing, he also thanked ASCAP and said 'he still didn't know where all the cheques are coming from" and he also thanked his wife and daughter. I can't remember what else, I was devastated when the video was deleted.

I just can't believe the the pre-telecast for The Grammy's couldn't of at least been streamed on the internet.

Roy, I don't think it matters exactly how much Max wrote in those songs. For sure, it was the Ariana and Taylor Swift songs that pushed it over and also The Grammy's surely were recognising Max for his whole career. I'm sure Dr Luke or Shellback don't mind.