• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cassadee Pop - Easier To Lie by Max

Started by gm33, April 17, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Yeah I think we talked about this in another thread, but I'm really in love with the song, I can't wait for the studio version. This is the kind of thing I'd love to hear more of from Max. Would love to hear how they originally intended the track to be for Christina, minus the country arrangement.

Feelgoodlies

I liked it but will judge properly when I hear the studio version!

j.fco.morales

To me, sounds a bit like Lesley Roy's Unbeautiful. And I love that one.

turnaround

Found the old thread and merged it. So nothing gets lost :)

"Easier to Lie" is exactly the type of country music I love so much. Max and Shellback must also have a soft spot for country. They always deliver a fantastic track when they try the genre.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 04, 2013, 12:00:25 AM
To me, sounds a bit like Lesley Roy's Unbeautiful. And I love that one.

Good comparison to another great track, this would've fit on Lesley's album quite nicely.

Quote from: turnaround on August 04, 2013, 01:02:10 PM
"Easier to Lie" is exactly the type of country music I love so much. Max and Shellback must also have a soft spot for country. They always deliver a fantastic track when they try the genre.

I think the guys (Max especially) can pull of a melancholy ballad so well that it could fit into just about any genre and sound amazing, but yeah they really know how to produce the harmonies and instruments to suit as well.

turnaround

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 02, 2013, 08:08:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xYU8H0CgNQ

Have you seen this? It's a Max Martin+Shellback+Savan Kotecha song.
I remember people talking about one song on Christina Aguilera's Lotus called "Easier To Lie". If you search on ASCAP, the song is registered to the writers, but the song ended up being recorded by Cassadee's upcoming album.

How would have sound this on Christina's voice? Do you know about any other Max Martin's song "rejected" by A&R's that ended up on other artists' album?
5ive didn't take things too seriously back then and rejected "Bye, Bye, Bye". The rest is history!

I can't imagine Christina Aguilera singing "Easier to lie". And if yes then in a very different arrangement.

And I liked it..

saethor

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 02, 2013, 08:08:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xYU8H0CgNQ

Have you seen this? It's a Max Martin+Shellback+Savan Kotecha song.
I remember people talking about one song on Christina Aguilera's Lotus called "Easier To Lie". If you search on ASCAP, the song is registered to the writers, but the song ended up being recorded by Cassadee's upcoming album.

How would have sound this on Christina's voice? Do you know about any other Max Martin's song "rejected" by A&R's that ended up on other artists' album?

Rihanna passed on "DJ Got Us Fallin In Love"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrfTVaVhbNU

The demo is a whole step higher than Ushers version, which makes sense since it was intended for a girl!

And "Since U Been Gone" was rejected by Pink and Hilary Duff..

j.fco.morales

I think it was a good move to reject DJ Got Us Fallin In Love, it doesn't suit Rihanna's voice or style.
And I had no idea about 5ive rejecting Bye Bye Bye!

Well, seems like Cassadee Pope's A&R is doing a good job with her. And they have a proper budget to afford Max Martin songs...
About swedes doing country, I think it's just the arrangements: you can produce a song in almost every genre, it depends on the instruments you use to build the arrangements...

And Since U Been Gone should have sound amazing on P!nk's raspy voice. They should do a whole album together.

Eddie Krommer

Let's make a thread for rejected songs written by Max or Cheiron guys.

j.fco.morales

Some of you guys are gonna hate me for this, but there are some Max Martin songs that I quite dislike... like Miranda Cosgrove's "Oh Oh".

The guitars sounds like the middle 8 of Britney's 3.

turnaround

You Hear a song is the new single apparently. It has a "Breakaway" feel to it.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

She's been playing some songs of the album already on small venues.

This is the new single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwUQCSVPt6U

And this is one of my favourites, sounds like a Taylor Swift song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKnRDrk4MMg

turnaround

11 is out now. And I really like it.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

The album is out in three days and already leaked.
There are no streaming yet and I'm already listening.

Sounds really good, like a poppier version of country with soft synths and drum programming and banjos and these typical country steel guitars.

It's co-produced by Shellback & Max Martin.

But I think I Wish I Could Break Your Heart is way better.