• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cassadee Pop - Easier To Lie by Max

Started by gm33, April 17, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Listening through the album. "Easier to lie" is fabulous. I simply love it. Lush production too.
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

''Easier to lie'' is amazing!! What a melody! , I love it.

Feelgoodlies

Definitely a good song, I just love the chorus! I want a pop version of it.

Alex Martin

I love this song,perfect melody.

Well done MAX,another amazing masterpiece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDx2Jxiy7wg

j.fco.morales

Am I the only one that's not really feeling it?

Alex Martin

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 15, 2013, 06:13:58 AM
Am I the only one that's not really feeling it?

Maybe not  :D

Frame by Frame debuted at #9 on the Billboard 200  and also debuted atop the Top Country Albums chart,
Well done Max and Cassedee

j.fco.morales

I can't even imagine this being sung by Christina Aguilera... with a pop sound.

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

The song is alright, I actually don't really like the lyrics to be honest. Probably because I'm bitter towards people who cheat and lie.

Melodically, I mean... it's pretty decent, but I feel like I've heard those melodies before. Production wise, same thing...sounds like a  classic country radio song.

And her vocals are sweet but nothing to write home about.

Meh...maybe it'll grow on me one day.

turnaround

And I liked it..

nanofives

Wow, just wow.
When producers say it can take weeks mastering a song is to make the vocals (and everything else) don't sound as raw as they are in this demo?
The instrumental seems like it was already ahead in volume of work than the vocals.
There's a lot of multiple voices in the chorus, something not very noticeable in the other Christina songs made by Max and Shellback, it reminds me of the vocal arrangements they did for Adele.

Dagge

I find it strange that a Max / Shellback song has only 33K views on her official YT. Looks like they also have misses as Max once long ago said. Btw a strong melody in the chorus, but it didn't help. There probably must be something else in the song besides the strong melody to attract listeners' attention. Hooks, arrangement, mood etc but Max went the simple route this time probably on purpose.

Snipes3000

Quote from: Dagge on January 03, 2022, 05:11:26 PM
I find it strange that a Max / Shellback song has only 33K views on her official YT. Looks like they also have misses as Max once long ago said. Btw a strong melody in the chorus, but it didn't help. There probably must be something else in the song besides the strong melody to attract listeners' attention. Hooks, arrangement, mood etc but Max went the simple route this time probably on purpose.

Might have to do with publiciity, but I don't know in this specific case. If the label decides not to promote it any longer while the album is ready to be released, then it's going to be difficult. An example of that is Lesley Roy's album, which Max executive produced. Jive was taken over by another record label and they decided to drop the album. Very good album with hidden gems but if the power of marketing behind it is gone, then it becomes difficult.

Record labels are still very relevant for artists to become mainstream, albeit that a bunch of people have the belief that the ability to drop songs on spotify and youtube they can do it by themselves. Let them think so, I wish them good luck if it isn't hiphop that they are trying to do it with.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Dagge

If a good commercially appealing song without a strong mktg effort ends up as a flop, does that suggest that mktg is more important than a good song. I wonder what would happen if an artist releases five strong songs without marketing, will they all flop or will the listeners tind the way to them. Equally, if some artist releases five average crafted songs backed by the strong top label marketing, do they have more chances to become hits than the first five mentioned songs. I also wonder what would be the destiny of Cheiron-based BSB and N'Sync songs if the gang wasn't supported by the label mktg that well, and if they weren't that good looking. Would they become hits if only released on Spotify. Interesting.