• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Anitta - Girl From Rio (Max Martin?)

Started by nanofives, January 10, 2022, 03:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

This sheet leaked a few days ago, if it's real sounds very promising to me.

https://www.facebook.com/ultimatemusicpage/photos/a.10150472558249858/10158832410529858/

What do you think?
This would be the first time Max and Ryan Tedder would collaborate together, I also wonder why it took too long, Ryan knew Max's work for years, he was the reason Adele got to know him in the first place.
It would also be the first time Rami and Max produced a song together in a long time.
Looking forward to those collaborations with Andrés/Mauricio and Ryan as well.

bugmenot

Snipes3000

Could be true

https://portalpopline.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/anitta-max-martin.png

Ryan Tedder was present in the LA MXM studios in 2021 I remember vaguely from his instagram post/story
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Dagge

Quote from: bugmenot on January 10, 2022, 07:34:25 AM
Ryan Tedder is new Timbaland.

I respectfully doubt it. Besides Max doesn't need collaborators that alre less skilled in the melody area. He needs fresh beat/arr makers to make his melodies modern and Ryan to my ear is also not stellar in that area. He has his qualities and a string of success but I subjectively feel unlike Max he doesnt leave no stones unturned while composing. He seem to accept not the best solution possible, like so many others. Fun is that Max is still more meticulous in composing/producing today than many of those composers which are far less established. It should be vice versa.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Dagge on January 22, 2022, 08:53:29 PMBesides Max doesn't need collaborators that alre less skilled in the melody area. He needs fresh beat/arr makers to make his melodies modern and Ryan to my ear is also not stellar in that area.

Max's career in a sentence: absolutely agree with you Dagge.

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/35COLcFjvONwVv6jkG23gI?si=084cc059f7f34394[/spotify]

Written by Rami, Anitta, Bibi Bourelly, Burns and Sean Douglass
Produced by Rami and BURNS

Max is nowhere in the full credits, maybe he participated but not enough for credit?

j.fco.morales

At first listen, it didn't grab me.

I think Anitta has way more personality to do something different instead of this generic trend chasing sounding pop record.

Do you guys know Bola Rebola? Baile funk and hiphop.

Tano87

Quote from: nanofives on January 28, 2022, 01:53:53 AM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/35COLcFjvONwVv6jkG23gI?si=084cc059f7f34394[/spotify]

Written by Rami, Anitta, Bibi Bourelly, Burns and Sean Douglass
Produced by Rami and BURNS

Max is nowhere in the full credits, maybe he participated but not enough for credit?
The song is very very short I didn't expect this the structure is very sample kinda like it is a demo and they had no idea how to finish it to give it the twist it needed.
I love the pre-chorus very typical nostalgic swedish melody.

RaulSwedishpop

I love it, specially the prechorus is amazing, but yes it's a bit short and the chorus could be way better, I can feel to Max in the verses and the prechorus, very classic Max.

Tano87

Quote from: RaulSwedishpop on January 28, 2022, 03:06:57 PM
I love it, specially the prechorus is amazing, but yes it's a bit short and the chorus could be way better, I can feel to Max in the verses and the prechorus, very classic Max.

Also I loved the chord change at the end of the second pre-chorus.
Can't wait to listen the other songs from the album produced by Max and Rami.
Anyway I can hear old Britney's uplifting sound before the chorus hits!

nanofives

On the first chorus her singing reminded me a lot to Bonnie McKee

melodicmoonlight

Did y'all notice the intro is almost identical to Physical by Dua Lipa?

I can definitely hear Dua on this; wonder if it was written with her in mind.

Side note: with BURNS co-producing, it made me think of when he did Make Me for Britney which then made me feel like Britney on a track like this would hit.

Tano87

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on January 29, 2022, 10:08:45 PM
Did y'all notice the intro is almost identical to Physical by Dua Lipa?

I can definitely hear Dua on this; wonder if it was written with her in mind.

Side note: with BURNS co-producing, it made me think of when he did Make Me for Britney which then made me feel like Britney on a track like this would hit.

I had the same feeling about Phisycal when the chorus hit. I see some Britney vibes in the verses...probably they worked for the verses of the song that's why it remind of Make Me.

I hope Max and Rami really worked together at least in one song!
The old team is still magic!

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on January 29, 2022, 09:04:16 PM
On the first chorus her singing reminded me a lot to Bonnie McKee

Yes! Sounds a lot like Bonnie!