• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

www.maratone.se

Started by andrea, March 12, 2007, 11:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

It's an interesting discussion here. I wish someone from the Cheiron guys would come there one day and tell us about what's behind all that.

Oh and hits, I would love you to stay. Would be nice.  :)
And I liked it..

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "turnaround"It's an interesting discussion here. I wish someone from the Cheiron guys would come there one day and tell us about what's behind all that.

Oh and hits, I would love you to stay. Would be nice.  :)

i Agree with you .......  :-({|= Max Martin rocks....

And everybody...listen to the 2song at the here i am single with marion raven...MAx Martin/Rami ......i love it
If you can dream it, you can be it.

malcolm hogg

Yeah, ithink all of that too.
No one needs to leave just because of differing opinions!
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Rebecca

Hi Jules, I'm getting the feeling you're being sarcastic there? but i'll take it. yes, i get that it would seem very sucky of me to say that hits was welcome!  To explain I said Hits was welcome to stay in the forum because I don't see the point in being rude to someone I don't know just because they disagree with people here. I don't expect people to agree with everyone on every thing all the time.
Obviously Hits is ignorant of a lot of Max's songs eg the rock songs he's written without Lukasz.
But he did bring up one interesting point: that there must be some rumours going around that Lukasz wrote most of the songs rather than Max, which makes me wonder why? maybe out of jealousy of Max's success? I wonder if Max and Luke will continue to work together? made me wonder about the competitiveness between songwriters etc

Rebecca

Quote from: nicky26
Quote from: Rebecca
Quote from: "nicky26"Hello people out there!

And all this talk about money and luke, Whats wrong??? HITS WROTE"""" Bon Jovi was, but then again I'm sure Jon and Richie came up with most of the song on their own anyway"". Bon Jovi was down and out, he came back because of max martin hit its my life...he have realesed album after that ...do you "hits" find more nr1 hits after its my life??? ok everyday was a little hit "andreas carlsson and cherion sound....Do you think these big stars think its funny to work with andreas, max and more?? No they need to.....

The answer to all this have max himself, and cherion was what it was...
and they can do Rock And Pop......

Nicky, I'm soo sorry, I meant to quote you but I hit the edit button instead then wrote my post then submitted it - only then did i realise i had edited your post instead of quoting it - aah I feel like an idiot.  Just so you know I just don't go around editing people's post!

because what i was going to say was that Bon Jovi have always had help writing songs, early days it was Desmond Child, and for Hits to suggest that Max didn't write It's My Life was ridiculous.

And adding to the rock songs without Lukasz is Pain - Just Hate Me!

hits

Something's rotten in Denmark, more or less.

Herbie Crichlow, the British-born songwriter of such Backstreet Boys hits as last year's "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" and 1997's "Quit Playing Games With My Heart," told me he has yet to be paid for his work. And he's owed something in the ballpark of $3 million for albums and singles sold by the group through Jive/Zomba Records.

Crichlow has been living in Sweden for the last several years, writing songs at the "factory" called Cheiron Productions, owned by Max Martin (real name: Karl Martin Sandberg). Martin has become infamous for mass producing pop goop for acts like Backstreet, 'N Sync and Britney Spears. His company does all its business through Zomba Music, the parent of Jive Records, for which all those acts record.

Interestingly, Martin is rarely credited as a solo writer, but instead with established pairs of writers whose songs he supposedly "tweaks," then owns the rights to. Crichlow is one of the writers whose work Martin co-owns and claims co-authorship.

But Crichlow said that last year, when he started asking Martin to show him the money, Martin turned on him and the relationship soured. Crichlow and his manager Johnny Onyems figure Herbie, father of two, is owed about $3 million for five Backstreet hits including the radio smashes "Show Me" and "Quit Playing Games." Herbie has also written European hits for acts like 3T and Robin.

Crichlow said that Zomba, which administers the rights and writes the checks, is claiming that he was signed to Mega Records in Denmark, which was in turn sold to Edel America Records, and so they have had trouble getting the accounting done.

"That's ridiculous," both Herbie and Johnny O told me recently. "They know how many records have been sold. It's millions."

Zomba/Jive's Richard Blackstone did not respond to calls about Crichlow's claim — just as Herbie predicted. "I've tried to get an answer from Blackstone and from Barry Weiss, but they won't return calls," he said. So Crichlow has hired Atlanta-based powerhouse music attorney Joel Katz to sort out and resolve these problems.

Crichlow has received his performance royalty payments (meaning radio play) from ASCAP for his songs — but the money that's owed is from sales. And worldwide sales for albums and singles with his songs have been staggering.

Crichlow said that because of the fallout between him and Martin, he was banned from having songs on the Backstreet Boys' recent Black and Blue album. That record has turned out to be a sales disappointment, with only 4.8 million copies sold in the U.S. to date, according to SoundScan.

"I submitted a track called 'Over You,' and they said the album was closed. But then, after they listened to my song, they said the whole album was being reconsidered. You see, 'Over You' was the strongest thing they'd heard. But they couldn't use it because I was in this fight with them. I had to get the track back."

Backstreet's previous album, Millenium, on which Crichlow's "Show Me" was a hit single, sold 11.7 million copies in this country.

Last year, Martin shut down the incredibly successful Cheiron Productions with little notice. He put out a press release that strained the boundaries of credulity: "After eight years of incredible joy but also enormous pain (the death of our beloved partner Denniz Pop) it's time to move on. Cheiron was created with the intention of having fun, making a few hits and not getting too serious about it. At the end of this year we have fulfilled our commitments and are able to do as we please. We feel that the 'hype' of Cheiron has become bigger than itself and it's time to quit while we're ahead."

But Martin immediately restarted Cheiron as Merlin Productions. The reason, according to sources, was that the widow of deceased Cheiron partner Dag "Denniz PoP" Volle owned 50 percent of the former company. "And Martin didn't want to split the money with her anymore."

The business of corporate songwriting has been very lucrative for Martin. Another partner, Tom Talomaa, now owns homes around the world including one in Key West, Fla.

Merlin, according to Onyems and Crichlow, employs a staggering 27 producers. And to think, the first big group out of Sweden, the Shocking Blue, sang their hit "I'm Your Venus" phonetically in 1970 because they didn't know any English.

Crichlow, meantime, loaded with hot demo tapes and more hit songs, is busy shopping among the labels for a publishing/producing deal of his own. My guess is he'll be snapped up very shortly.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1962,00.html

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

OKEY  :smt031

I like and love the songs max martin have written or produced, and the rest a dont care.........herbie isent that a car?? ok sorry....have a nice day everybody
If you can dream it, you can be it.

Rebecca

yeah, that's the article I thought you were referring to.

so, hits, what's your point?

obviously i have no idea if any of that is true, if it is true, well it still doesn't change that I love Max Martin's music plus Cheiron etc including Herbie's music!

I'm curious to know if Herbie is still bitter towards the Cheiron writers or just Max. If you look at Herbie's myspace and the ex-Cheiron's writers there are friendly messages to and from them quite often. so, i think he's kinda over it. but hey what do i know, it's just what i think.

turnaround

Interesting this foxnews report. But it's from 2001.
Any updates on this matter.

Oh I remember back then there was a songwriter claiming he submitted "What you see is what you get" and "Can't make you love me" but they were turned down. But on the Britney album both were on with credits from the Cheiron writers.

This was also going to court but I think the writers lost.

Oh interesting, I found a link for this  :D

http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu/projects/law/library/cases/case_cottrillspears.html

You can listen to the two different versions   :wink:
And I liked it..

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "hits"Crichlow, meantime, loaded with hot demo tapes and more hit songs, is busy shopping among the labels for a publishing/producing deal of his own. My guess is he'll be snapped up very shortly.
And indeed it looks like he quit his trying. At his myspace (was it there? I think so) he says something like "no more chains" or something!

Obviously he's sick & tired of the companies!

Quote from: "nicky26"herbie isent that a car??
And you stop dissing Herbie, he's awesome-ly talented!!!  :wink: Hehe.

Rebecca

hey turnaround, thanks for posting that link! i've always wondered what the 'other' song actually sounded like - very interesting!
obviously the Britney song is quite a bit better!

Rebecca

yep, i wonder what Herbie thinks about the whole Cheiron experience now?
anyone heard any recent music from Herbie?

turnaround

Just a question.
Is this "Mrs Pop" Jessica Folcker?
And I liked it..

Linda

^ Yeah thats what I was thinking...

Rebecca

Yeah, I used to wonder if Mrs Pop was Jessica Folcker too.
but i think when Denniz died he left behind a 14 year old son, Jessica would have been about 23 yrs old when Denniz Pop died, so it couldn't have been her son as well, so I have always assumed that the Mrs Pop was the woman he had a child with and not Jessica. Then again he could have been married to Jessica and just had the son from a previous relationship.
hmm, anyone know?