• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max in BBC documentary

Started by georg_e, May 27, 2009, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Hey guys, if you haven't seen this, Max is interviewed in part of a BBC documentary on the whole history of pop music. It was like a five or six part history of pop from the early 1900's on, and they showed it here in US on public TV.   Max comes in at 2:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR4V7i8GIVY

Rebecca

Thanks George, I hadn't seen that in a long while, always a pleasure to hear Max speak.

Raul_esp

omggg , it's very interesting !

klukan

Oh nice... I agree so much with his points even though it's a short pleasure this interview ;)

Do anyone of you guys know other videos with Max speaking?
This is the first I've ever seen, I've only read his interviews...

*Sabine*

Woooow thanks  ;D It's always a treat to hear smth new about Max!

Yes Klukan, as far as I know, there are 4 other videos where Max is featured:

- in the chapter "Recording my album" in the Britney DVD Time out with Britney Spears (released in 1999): you see Brit recording I will be there with Max and Rami and Max talks about Brit. This takes place at Cheiron and lasts like 5 minutes.  ;D
- in MTV'S Making the video of You Drive Me Crazy (1999): it's shorter, you see her singing in the NYC Battery studios(sounds great) and Max commenting very briefly on her singing
- in MTV's documentary The Diary of Britney Spears (2001): you can see short haired Max andf Britney recording Not A girl, listening to Overprotected, playing the piano and joking with Britney bodyguards + Britney talks about Max and all the best pop songs he did. Once again, it takes place at the Battery Studios.
- on Nick Carter's bonus dvd that come along with his album Now or Never (2004): you can see Nick leaving the Sheraton hotel in beautiful Stockholm and heading to the Maratone studios. There he meets Max and records I Got You. Great video.

I updated all of that on youtube a couple of yers ago but then my account was deleted!  >:(
You can run a serach on youtube and find them. If you can't I have all those vids and I can upload then for you when I'm back to my place in August.  :)

sforzando

Great !!!!
So nice to see Max speaking and singing a little bit   :-*

Quote from: *Sabine* on May 28, 2009, 10:32:14 AM
Woooow thanks  ;D It's always a treat to hear smth new about Max!

Yes Klukan, as far as I know, there are 4 other videos where Max is featured:

- in the chapter "Recording my album" in the Britney DVD Time out with Britney Spears (released in 1999): you see Brit recording I will be there with Max and Rami and Max talks about Brit. This takes place at Cheiron and lasts like 5 minutes.  ;D
- in MTV'S Making the video of You Drive Me Crazy (1999): it's shorter, you see her singing in the NYC Battery studios(sounds great) and Max commenting very briefly on her singing
- in MTV's documentary The Diary of Britney Spears (2001): you can see short haired Max andf Britney recording Not A girl, listening to Overprotected, playing the piano and joking with Britney bodyguards + Britney talks about Max and all the best pop songs he did. Once again, it takes place at the Battery Studios.
- on Nick Carter's bonus dvd that come along with his album Now or Never (2004): you can see Nick leaving the Sheraton hotel in beautiful Stockholm and heading to the Maratone studios. There he meets Max and records I Got You. Great video.

I updated all of that on youtube a couple of yers ago but then my account was deleted!  >:(
You can run a serach on youtube and find them. If you can't I have all those vids and I can upload then for you when I'm back to my place in August.  :)

^^^^ Thank you Sabine. Max Martin video encyclopedia lol

*Sabine*

Haha you're welcome.  ;)

So you were able to find some of those online?

sforzando

I've ever seen those videos 2 years ago when my friend played them on her mobile phone (She's Britney fan and I'm Max fan, so we're compatible haha).

-Brit recording I will be there with Max still can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuL48EGRiE

-Nick recording I got you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF6wl5rrAeo   I love this vid so much  :-*

But one I've never seen is the vid Max talks about Brit . Anyone has the link?

*Sabine*

Here is the recording of NAG I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B6dI9qD3kM&feature=related

;D ;D ;D

Reb, does Max have a Swedish accent??  ;D ;D

klukan

Thank you very much Sabine for collecting all the "Max videos".   :)

Actually, now I remember that I have seen all of these videos except the first one that you mention.
Where can I get to see the video from the DVD Time out ? Sounds very interesting with Cheiron interview for 5 minutes!!!! :D

Even though I know most of these videos, I still think that the BBC documentary is actually the first time ever that you SEE Max being interviewed directly...

sforzando

Thanks Sabine for that link, it's so rare actually.

Quote from: klukan on May 28, 2009, 08:52:08 PM
Thank you very much Sabine for collecting all the "Max videos".   :)

Actually, now I remember that I have seen all of these videos except the first one that you mention.
Where can I get to see the video from the DVD Time out ? Sounds very interesting with Cheiron interview for 5 minutes!!!! :D

Even though I know most of these videos, I still think that the BBC documentary is actually the first time ever that you SEE Max being interviewed directly...

me too...

*Sabine*

You're welcome, I'm happy you liked it.  :)

No, the interview I'm talking on Brit's DVD IS Max's first interview: it was recorded in the summer of 1998, while Brit was in Stockholm recording her BOMT album. Brit looks so young and Max still had long hair.

The BBC vid was probably shot in late 2000, about time Cheiron closed.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuo-QHJpHPk

The video is split into 7 parts.

*Sabine*

Rebecca

Thanks Sabine and sforzando for all the links!
It's so rare we see Max

Sabine, yes, I do think Max has a Swedish accent, however, compared to other Europeans, Swedish people don't have a really strong accent probably because they have grown up watching American tv.

*Sabine*

Yes that's true. I heard sometime that the Scandinavian were the only ones who could speak English without any accent.
On the contrary, the French accent is really strong in English!  :-\

Og by the way, I didn't get the last thing Max said in the BBC video...