• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Hi there =)

Started by Decembersky1984, July 04, 2008, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decembersky1984

Felt I would make a proper introduction for myself. Stumbled on to these boards just by accident (read: "luck"). Lots of nice information here that I have found already.

I have been a Max Martin (and Cheiron/Maritone) fan since I heard Ace of Base's "Its a Beautiful Life". The Bridge was the very first CD I ever bought with my own money. After that song, I was reintroduced to Max through the Backstreet Boys. More than his actual music on the original BSB CD, I loved his HUGE vocal arrangements, once Millennium was released  I was amazed at the depth and creativity he put into his music. The absolute best track of the Millennium CD is "The One" in my opinion.

Now a little about myself.

My name is K.C. Van Horn, I am 23 and currently reside in Cincinnati Ohio. For 18 of my 23 years, I have been playing the Piano. I took lessons on and off for about 7 years, but I disliked playing sheet music and other peoples music in general. I wanted to write my own music with my own style.

I started writing my own music/songs when I was 13 and recorded a few of my songs at a local studio. My family was not wealthy so we couldnt afford to go back. I still wanted to write and record so I hooked up my old junkie casio keyboard up to my computer, downloaded a free recording program which in turn started my passion for engineering/recording.

At 18, I left home and traveled 1000 miles to attend a specialized school for recording/engineering. After I graduated I did an internship at a recording studio in Orlando (not Transcon, although I had friends that worked there and said it was horrible.) I worked with some pretty big names, one being the guitarist of Matchbox 20.

6 months later I open my own studio, kept a very steady cliental, until I had to close the studio due to circumstances out of my power. My girlfriend and I just moved from Orlando to Cincinnati and Im currently looking for work in the music area (not fun or easy). In the meantime I am writing my own songs and trying to find great singers to record.

If you want to check out some of my work you can go here: myspace.com/kcvanhornmusic or for better quality mp3.com/kcvanhorn. I write pop/rock mostly.

Other than my huge Max Martin influence, my other huge influence is Darren Hayes/Daniel Jones/Walter Afansieff (looooove Savage Garden). If you want to chat, my AIM is: Decembersky1984 and my email is Decembersky1984@aol.com.

Wow, this is long, ill stop writing now =)

K.C.

Raul_esp

welcome to the forums , I hope you'll become a great songwriter as max ,  your music is really good. :)

I agree with you , ''the one'' is a great song of millenium , I think millenium is the best album ever

turnaround

Thanks for this nice introduction!

I can really feel you have the passion for music and it's great you took a risk and the chance to make your passion into a profession.

I listened to your songs, "Green Eyes" is my favourite song.
The intro is energetic. I hope you find a great artist for it and the other songs.

Do you send out a lot of demos and sing them yourself?

Btw. I'm also a quite a huge Savage Garden fan.

Good luck with everything and welcome again.
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

Hello K.C.

I heard your songs and I really liked them, but you have not done any POP tunes?.

anyways, my personal favourite are "Good Enough and Think Of Me", I wish I had good vocals, I would've collaborated with u  :D ;).

Decembersky1984

I love guitars too much to exclude them from songs of my own. I have done some pop music for other clients.

The only song I would consider -pop- of my own is Falling For You, and although I like the song alot, my voice doesnt fit it, so I am looking to use it on another client (don't particularly like my lyrics or melody to the song either, but it has potential, I think).

I have done some Max Martinish types of songs, but they turned out to be so close, that I scrapped the idea of completing them because they were too close, and Id rather be original. Ive already read some threads bashing on others that try to copy Martins sound (Candy by Mandy Moore), so I am glad I did scrap em =)

Rebecca

thanks for your introduction, it's nice to hear about other peoples lives.

wow, you have built your own studio. I had another listen to your songs, I think my favourite is "Only Time Will Say"!

I agree there is so much detail in Max's songs.

I'd love to hear your songs in the style of Max Martin/Cheiron, do you have one recorded that you would share?

Raul_esp

I heard your songs , I liked above all ''green eyes'' , ''good enought'' and ''I wish you well'' , I think you have great talent , I would like see your songs singed by great singers as BSB , max martin would be proud of you.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Rebecca on July 05, 2008, 01:27:01 AM
I'd love to hear your songs in the style of Max Martin/Cheiron, do you have one recorded that you would share?
Good point Rebecca, me too, I would love to hear the pop stuff K.C. plz.

Btw Candy from Mandy Moore isn't good at all, I dislike that song.

Decembersky1984

I may post some stuff here in a few days (may be instrumental, though).
I am out of town for now =)

Rebecca

okay that would be great! whenever you get a chance.

Tiiger

Quote from: Decembersky1984 on July 04, 2008, 10:44:21 PMIve already read some threads bashing on others that try to copy Martins sound (Candy by Mandy Moore), so I am glad I did scrap em =)

"Candy" is such a copy of Robyn's "Do You Know (What It Takes)". I still like it though, Mandy's great.  ;)
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Decembersky1984

Hey again, is been awhile since ive been on the net at all. Real life stuff has taken me away, but I should be back now. I have put up a new song. I am sure you can agree it has a very Maratone sound.

myspace.com/kcvanhornmusic

its called Love Has Left.

Also, if you read this George, I have gotten your emails and have responded (sorry about the delay). If you got them, please let me know as AOL mail has been acting up on me recently (I couldnt communicate with an ebay seller last week that almost resulted in me getting negative feedback, yikes!)., so im not sure if AOL is sending mail properly.

K.C.

Rebecca

Thanks KC, I like Love Has Left, yes, it does have a bit of the Maratone sound to it.

Raul_esp

I love so much ''love has left'', great song congratulations

*Sabine*

Nice to meet you! a great producer among us :D
I'll check your sounds on myspace when i'm home, sounds really exciting...maxmartinish songs, wow!