• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dr luke

Started by Raul_esp, August 02, 2008, 02:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

do you think dr luke is inspired in max martin  to do their songs?? I think he learned of max the way of to do catchy melodies , he composed rap songs before .

what do you think??

Rebecca

I have no idea. I don't know much about Dr Luke, the only thing I know is that he was a guitarist in Saturday Night Live. I'd love to know how him and Max came to write songs together, who introduced them.

I'm sure Dr Luke has been influenced by Max and probably learned a lot from him as Max has more experience.

*Sabine*

I don't know if he clearly learnt from Max but their taste in music and way of producing songs is clearly similar. I think he's currently the 2nd best songwriter after Max and before Andreas Carlsson. Like Max, he grants lots of importance to the melody and catchy choruses, which is great! I really think he has brilliant future... I wonder why he doesn't join Maratone though: Max, Rami, Arnthor and Dr Luke would be such a perfect team. Probably he doen't want to move to Sweden.

By the way, thank you Rebecca for telling us he was a guitarist for the SNL show, interesting! :o

Rebecca

Yeah, I'm curious about Dr Luke, how he went from being in the SNL band to writing songs with Max.

Yeah, he probably doesn't want to join Maratone and then move to Sweden, maybe he wants to work with other songwriters, like he works a bit with Cathy Dennis now.

Feelgoodlies

I'm sure he was inspired by him since he like Rebecca said, is experienced more, but I think both of them invented their own Pop/Rock flava, I also noticed that even a song produced without "Max" has a bit of Max touch on  it i.e. "Girlfriend" you can tell that this song is by the same guys who did 4ever.....etc.

Btw is he American?, I don't know much about him either.

*Sabine*

He lives in America but he may have Polish origins.
Yes, the songs he did for Avril Lavigne could have been written by Max. Girlfriend is similar to Max's sound but I think the similarity is even more strickier in Hot and Keep holding on. Nothing in this world for Paris too, the first time I heard it, I went to check immediately on the net if it had not been penned by our beloved Max! lol

*Sabine*

Here's a cool video I just found.
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cRarXF2lQ9M
You can see Dr Luke and Paris interviewed and Paris recording Turn It Up and Nothing In This World! :D

Feelgoodlies

I don't know whether you know guys that Dr.Luke has his own MySpace page, anyways hereis it