• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Desmond Child

Started by Scott Martin :), September 02, 2008, 11:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Im sure some of you guys have heard of Desmond Child; he's a songwriter who probably tends more toward the rock side of the spectrum. He's written songs like; Livin on a Prayer, Dude look like a lady, I was made for loving you, La Vida Loca, Poison, and many more.

There's a cool video of him in the studio with Vince Neil (lead singer of Motley Crue) - this song is a much softer track and more pop oriented than what Vince has done previously. (Not that I follow anything Vince does, I do keep up with what Desmond is doing though.)

Oh, and Desmond and Andreas Carlsson have written together many times, there's a link from Andreas' site to Desmonds.

Anyway, here's the vid; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmqzcJrizl8 - I love the bit when Desmond says he feels sorry for these stars NOT. Lol!  :D

Rebecca

Thanks Scott, I love Desmond Child. I've been a Bon Jovi fan since I was 13 and then of course became a Ricky Martin fan, when I looked at credits for the Ricky songs, I was like "I know that name!".
I try to follow Desmond as well. Do you have his solo album "Discipline"? I bought it on ebay, not bad, not great either, typical Desmond songs, but he did write a song with Burt Bacharach for it, which is very nice.

So great to see Desmond in the studio, I've heard him talk once before, some tv show, talking about the Ricky songs.

Yes, I also love it when he says it's okay if he writes his name on a big cheque!
I really like the Vince Neil song in the end. I don't mind Motley Crue, saw them in concert a few years ago.

No doubt you've seen that Desmond is being inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and here's an interview at ASCAP:

http://www.ascap.com/playback/2008/summer/features/Desmond.aspx

Raul_esp

I love livin on a player and the ricky martin songs , he is a great songwriter!!

*Sabine*

Very good article, it is impressive. It is great to see how very few songrwriters have so much talent!