• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Luxury" songwriter camp.....

Started by georg_e, December 13, 2015, 06:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Not blaming Kesha for this, but the whole idea of this "Curated" "Luxury" songwriting camp is nauseating on so many levels......  http://www.examiner.com/article/how-singer-songwriters-including-kesha-stay-on-top-of-their-game

sonnyblack2000

I dont see why its nauseating and its quite common. I was part of a few where they put songwriters and producers together to come up with material for a particular project. Its a good investment on the label and publisher side and for the creators invlved you get to meet new collaborators which sparks new ideas. The trend is to find sponsors for those events, once presonus sponsored one of these so we all uad nice microphones preamps and speakers from them.

georg_e

^    ^    ^

Well, as the saying goes.......
         http://youtu.be/GNDt5IFecpo

j.fco.morales

Actually, I think it's a great idea.

Teresa LaBarbera Whites did an amazing camp for Britney's Femme Fatale, for example.

Rebecca

It's a great idea to collaborate, but really, the South of France on a luxury yacht? I'm sure a studio in LA is perfectly fine. I can't imagine they were productive at all on this trip. It's just a party. I'm completely nauseous.

melodicmoonlight

j.fco.morales

It was sponsored by a brand, that's it.

A brand do these kind of thing to establish and get press.

A&R's for big artists do songwriting camps all the time: Rihanna, Britney, Madonna, etc.
If you think, it's a great way to get the best people in the game to get to know each other... people well informed know each other's work and get excited about meeting these talented people.

For the last two Britney records, William Orbit was invited and everyone was excited about meeting him.

georg_e

^    ^    ^

Are you a spokesman for the Establishment Music Industry or something? Lol !!! "Everyone was excited about meeting him". What is this, sleepover camp for rich kid songwriters?

I will guarantee you the next song/group whatever that blows up the world with something truly Revolutionary will NEVER come out of one of those "camps"!!!! Let alone one in a freaking $50 million yacht on the Mediterranean.

And it won't be by anyone "in the game" as you say, and not by one of the same 12 people in the world the industry or some "brand" flies down to the South of France or wherever!

PS since you mention Rihanna....these "camps" must be doing a great job, since her last two singles were complete garbage, and now her album is delayed, prob because they don't have any good singles.

georg_e

Quote from: Rebecca on December 14, 2015, 10:10:50 AM
It's a great idea to collaborate, but really, the South of France on a luxury yacht? I'm sure a studio in LA is perfectly fine. I can't imagine they were productive at all on this trip. It's just a party. I'm completely nauseous.
Thank you -- someone who gets it!! :-)

j.fco.morales

Quote from: georg_e on December 15, 2015, 03:34:46 PM
          ^    ^    ^

Are you a spokesman for the Establishment Music Industry or something? Lol !!! "Everyone was excited about meeting him". What is this, sleepover camp for rich kid songwriters?

I will guarantee you the next song/group whatever that blows up the world with something truly Revolutionary will NEVER come out of one of those "camps"!!!! Let alone one in a freaking $50 million yacht on the Mediterranean.

And it won't be by anyone "in the game" as you say, and not by one of the same 12 people in the world the industry or some "brand" flies down to the South of France or wherever!

PS since you mention Rihanna....these "camps" must be doing a great job, since her last two singles were complete garbage, and now her album is delayed, prob because they don't have any good singles.

You complain about everything. If you don't like it or you're not into it, don't waste your energy and let go.

bugmenot

Quote from: georg_e on December 15, 2015, 03:34:46 PMNEVER come out of one of those "camps"

Charlie Puth attended some Kara DioGuardi Hit Making class

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on December 15, 2015, 05:10:27 PM
You complain about everything. If you don't like it or you're not into it, don't waste your energy and let go.

I am positive and complimenting of MANY things on here (and everywhere else in my life) that I like. Always have been, always will be. Totally different than "complaining about everything". 

As for "letting it go" about things I don't like: no thanks. Totally boring.  Not into that. And I don't consider it a waste of energy, either. Artists should be "froward".  (No, I didn't misspell that: look it up).

J_A24

I think it's a good idea to put yourself in different settings outside a studio for the sake of creativity. Wether it's in a yatch in the middle of the sea or in a car riding along the coast.

That's what I'd look forward to in those opportunities anyway. The rest is secondary.

georg_e

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/6821639/rihanna-anti-album-delay-travis-scott

Speaking of 'complaining'.....this guy takes it to a whole 'nother level LOL!!!!

PS ........He's actually hilarious if you read his Twitter page....and smart......breath of fresh air in a PC World.

ArmstrongandStayte

Happy New Year to you all :)

I love the ideas of songwriting camps - such a great source of new ideas. But I do agree that there is a fine line between an industry working camp and a thinly veiled party :D

Would be interesting to see who footed the bill and what music products were generated from it.

And yes, I'd love to go on (real) one - internet networking is all I do at the moment :)

Dan