• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

max martin's sentimental life

Started by Alex Martin, January 15, 2007, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"I wonder if songwriters play their own music at home? maybe his wife is a Backstreet boys fan and just gets Max to play and sing BSB songs all the time?
Highly doubt that.

Another story from when I met Ace of Base-Jonas?!
He said they (he and producer-friends) entered a club one night and as soon as people spotted him, they put on "Beautiful Life" (by Ace of Base, in case anyone doesn't know that song?!). He said he left after about 10 seconds.
Same thing when he hears his own "work" on the radio. He says he switches channels immediately.

All in all I can actually understand that pretty well. If I worked on something for weeks & months, I doubt I'd also take my "work" home and repeat it over and over again...

Rebecca

Yeah, you have a point Jules, I guess they would get sick of their music.

That is interesting that you have met Jonas from Ace of Base: so what did you do, just ring the guy up and say 'hey can i come around to your studio?'
interesting he gets sick of his music.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"That is interesting that you have met Jonas from Ace of Base: so what did you do, just ring the guy up and say 'hey can i come around to your studio?'
Believe it or not, that's how it happened! :-P

Back then a friend of mine knew the number of his studio, The Barn, but was too shy to call. So I did. Tried about 30 times, noone answered.
Then one day I got home earlier, tried again, not expecting anyone to answer. I've tried dozen times before and noone answered, so why would I be lucky now?! I didn't really pay attention to all the "beep-beeps" when all of a sudden the other end of the line said "Barn studio, Håkan".

I was like "Uhmm, yeah, eeehh, uhm... could I talk to Jonas?" and he went "Sure, just a sec." *lol*

So I told him who I was and that we were gonna have a fan meeting in Gothenburg a couple of months ahead, and if we could meet him up. He said he was gonna be on holiday by then but asked if I wanted to come to his studio and listen to some unreleased material, his friend & producer Håkan Kristoffersson could pick me & 3 friends up.

So it went, and this way we established contact with The Barn and visited the studio also the following 2 years, when the last year Jonas was actually there, so me & 2 other fans this time went up to The  Barn again, listened to some demos, watched some music vids and had a cup of tea, chatting with Jonas & Håkan. :-)

Linda

Rebecca

yeah, that must have been exciting to meet them, great they were so friendly and let you listen to unreleased. are you still in contact with them Jules?

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"yeah, that must have been exciting to meet them, great they were so friendly and let you listen to unreleased. are you still in contact with them Jules?
Nope, I'm not. I have nothing to do with the AoB fan community anymore.
Ace of Base is dead, they all concentrate on their private lives now.
They all have family, Jonas has 3 kids, Ulf 2 and Jenny has 1 and is awaiting the 2nd (as far as I know).

Last time I was at The Barn (2004), Jonas told us to promote that they were "recording a new album which will be release 'next year'" (2005). Nothing has happened until today. And it's always like that. If they announce a new album "to be released within the next couple months" it always takes at least 3-5 years until something happens...

Littlemy

Is the Jenny Pettersson that his girlfriend this Jenny Petterson AKA velvet? She is from Stockholm and worked with E-type.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=145950146

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68485644

Interestingly, its says single..

turnaround

Oh interesting!
I am sorry I have no idea, maybe our Swedish friends can help out!

Welcome to the forum by the way, Littlemy!  :D
And I liked it..

Littlemy

Thank you very much! I just wonder since she is about the same age as him, lives in the same city, works with the same people.

Linda

Yea.. Its possible

and welcome!!  :)

Littlemy

Thanks :) I would love to see pics of Max's daughter, I bet she is SO cute :)

Rebecca

Welcome also!

I wonder if that's Max's wife? who knows! she is pretty though

Littlemy

Maybe ex girlfriend? Says in her profile she is single, plus dosn't look like he's got a wedding ring on in any of his pics.

Rebecca

Though they have a child and i don't think it says she has any children.

Could just be a coincidence with the name