• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

max martin production

Started by nznexus, December 26, 2012, 02:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

i would like to discuss some max martin productions.... well for me they are all extremely well made.

i also make some music but when it comes to choosing the right sounds im nowhere near that level.

have anyone noticed how well-detailed and well-layered his songs are?

i tried to recreate a song but it strikes me how well produced it is..

someone knows how he makes his songs?

do they layer much? do they use much hardware synths? because i tried to recreate some sounds but it lacks that fatness and definition.

:)
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

Did you watch the Dr. Luke session you posted for us? ;D Max and Luke layer like crazy! We're talking several layers just for a kick drum. Over a hundred layers per session, and from what I could tell, they pretty much only use samples for drums (unless it's a rock track). It seems they use both hard and soft synths (Luke apparently doesn't do much synth-wise so he didn't go into it much, but I know Max does). All the extra layers of random sounds and effects are all samples they've collected and created over the years. I get the feeling Max never used to layer as much as he does now, the earlier Cheiron recordings don't sound half as layered. Hopefully others can fill you in a bit more, but seriously check out that Dr. Luke ASCAP video, you'll get a really good idea, and remember that they were all Luke/Max co-productions.

AdamKhan

The reason it lacks in fatness is coz u aint using hardware synths. I have a juno 106 synth and there's this preset which luke used on Jessie J's - Domino song. This preset was layered which another pad sound from the prothet synth. They love the prophet 8 synth and benny loves his Nord synth, u can hear it on Dynamite by Taio Cruz.