• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Charlie Puth Productions Thread

Started by nanofives, April 08, 2022, 12:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

It's fine but its hook is not nearly as good as The Middle, BEAUZ look the replacement of Grey

melodicmoonlight

The pre chorus is catchy but the song doesn't really go anywhere

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6LXIhiXK8z1KLd3giR904b?si=289daf423dc04f10[/spotify]

Written by Charlie Puth and JKash
Produced by Charlie Puth

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/0zRezEuKtaAXHcB4eruwi2?si=deedf6de51184d54[/spotify]

Written by Blake Slatkin, Charlie Puth, JKash and Jake Torrey
Produced by Charlie Puth

Charlie has some great ideas but his voice is overproduced to hell

melodicmoonlight

His voice has reached a new level of grating and abrasive with this new one.

He needs someone to help him vocal produce. He's a skilled producer & melody maker but sucks at producing his own vocals. It's like Melodyned squealing

j.fco.morales

Mixing Engineer:
Manny Marroquin & Charlie Puth

Not my fave release by him.

bugmenot

In the latest Sound On Sound interview

Max Martin: 'Record the audio, and if it sounds fucked-up, it is probably going to add some cool artefacts to the record.'

Charlie switched to showing new material in TikToks because Elton John said his music sucks and the manager in a record company who was reviewing his material left him.

Charlie starts making a song only if its melody stuck in his head for some time.

He owns 27 synthesizers

Dagge

With all the melody combinations being already used, and really not-so-fresh or clever arrangements, it is hard to sustain enthusiasm for music. Of course for new generations it's still a new experience and they want their own piece of the pie, but unfortunately, unlike 80's and 90's music repeats itself in a dull and uninteresting way. I suppose Max and the gang who I respect for their work, with their rules that got them rich unfortunately killed the curiosity and creativity of the pop music industry. I suppose once everyone discovers that those rules don't work anymore we will see a new creativity era, hopefully. But the drawback of creativity is that you cannot be a new Max one-key-unlocks-all-doors master. You can have a limited stride of hits and move on to make place for the next hitmaker, as we always had in music history. A Cheiron saga was nice but it's over, and probably won't be repeated in a long time.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: Dagge on November 30, 2022, 01:52:22 PM
With all the melody combinations being already used, and really not-so-fresh or clever arrangements, it is hard to sustain enthusiasm for music. Of course for new generations it's still a new experience and they want their own piece of the pie, but unfortunately, unlike 80's and 90's music repeats itself in a dull and uninteresting way. I suppose Max and the gang who I respect for their work, with their rules that got them rich unfortunately killed the curiosity and creativity of the pop music industry. I suppose once everyone discovers that those rules don't work anymore we will see a new creativity era, hopefully. But the drawback of creativity is that you cannot be a new Max one-key-unlocks-all-doors master. You can have a limited stride of hits and move on to make place for the next hitmaker, as we always had in music history. A Cheiron saga was nice but it's over, and probably won't be repeated in a long time.
Very based statement. This is what I've been trying to tell people over the last decade about why current pop music or music as a whole has been repetitive unmemorable predictable unmelodic untalented garbage. Only those who have little interests or close-minded will eat up anything that comes out nowadays on the radio like veal farm cattle.  Yes Max and his crew are talented guys but they should have stayed in the late 90s early 2000s and moved on to expanding their sound to make it more ambitious and inspirational rather than the opposite. This is the reason why so many boomers young and old criticize modern music as a whole because of corporatize noise like that from people that are talentless that only have their voice to go along but that's now A Lost art thanks to auto-tune for killing the crooning singer/pop diva by making them sound like a soulless robot. If the industry and those high in record executives want to know why their industry is in the tank they not only have themselves to blame but they're greed foremost.