• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I love that cover :D

When I get the song this willnbe my cover!! :)

Can't wait for the whole song and credits.

Oh, and Max needs the Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, as in our logo.
And I liked it..

Khan9898

Quote from: georg_e on June 06, 2013, 06:44:07 PM
  Me too--That's brilliant!!  Amazing how Max never ages through the years......whereas Dr. luke is going grey :D :D

Us Americans stress too much hahaha

Joshua

Wooooah, thanks for that! The "where people fall apart/nothing comes from the heart" bit uses the high part for the melody, I always thought that was a harmony. That bit actually sounds kinda weird and too loud in the mix and over auto-tuned, but what a crappy sample to be judging by, I'll have to wait for the final.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on June 13, 2013, 03:59:32 PM
The "where people fall apart/nothing comes from the heart" bit uses the high part for the melody, I always thought that was a harmony. That bit actually sounds kinda weird and too loud in the mix and over auto-tuned

omg, this is exactly what I thought!!! :D
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Wow, the chorus has been stuck in my head for days now. Classic Max Martin/BSB song. Really hope it does well for the boys, it has a positive message unlike most pop songs these days.

They have momentum going with the tour, Kevin being back, Good morning america performance, Hollywood star induction, the cameo in the This is the end movie ect.

So hopefully the song does well on the charts.

Edit: Only thing I don't really like from the snippet is the top harmony being isolated on the best part lol. Maybe it's the quality of the snippet. Besides that, it's perfection.

turnaround

And I liked it..

Joshua

Someone's put it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1fbEpAY3XY

That high part still sounds wrong to me, I swear it's like listening to a clip that's had the lead vocal almost completely removed, even the way it's sung sounds like backing vocals. I'm crossing my fingers that it's an early mix, hence Amazon removing it.

georg_e

I was waiting until the full song came out to listen, so this is my first listen (this clip) but you guys got me curious about the vocal part......to me that high part IS the right melody, I mean it's totally beautiful, I can't imagine it being any other way!  It wouldn't have even occured to me that anything was off with it....

It's an interesting topic though, because one of my favorite pop songs of all time "After The Love Is Gone" (Earth Wind & Fire) has a VERY high lead vocal melody line in the chorus on the record which the co-writer/producer David Foster originally intended as a harmony part, NOT the lead vocal, but Earth Wind and Fire started performing it that way (the high part out front) and then everyone realized that was the right way after all :D

Joshua

I don't mind if the higher part is the melody. The reason I assumed the lower part was, is because when they sing "people fall apart", "people" continues into"fall" with the same vocals and same note, so it just sounds like a continuation of the melody. But instead, it seems they've made it so the melody suddenly transforms into a lower harmony while they add a new higher melody on top. That's why I figured the added high part was the harmony. Does that make sense?

The main thing I found off in the clip was the way the higher part is being sung, it sounds completely flattened/smoothed out like a backing vocal. If it's how it's meant to be, I guess I'd better just get used to it! :D

J_A24

It's the main melody but Brian's voice is an octave higher while AJ is the one carrying the melody which is 1 octave lower just before Brian comes in. There's nothing wrong in it technically, it just feels like it pops out of nowhere and you hear auto tune working a bit too much for the style of the song.

But like I said, it's maybe the quality of the snippet that masks certain frequencies that make brian's vocals stand out like that.

Edit: Actually it's not an octave higher, I'm mistaken there.

turnaround

I want to listen to the full song so bad now, especially the verse. This could become one of the best Cheiron songs of all times.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on June 14, 2013, 07:52:17 PM
I want to listen to the full song so bad now, especially the verse. This could become one of the best Cheiron songs of all times.

"Cheiron" :P
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

The quality is bad , I even hear best he melody in the live version.